Sunday, October 26, 2014

Horror Movie Character - BHB Spooktober Challenge Mani: Day 24

I have been planning for a while what I was going to do for the Horror Movie Character prompt of BHBSpooktober.  It was my friend's idea.  Her favorite holiday is Halloween, and her favorite Halloween horror movie is Trick 'r Treat.  So I give you Sam.  More pics and info after the jump, just click on the "Read More" link below.

BHBSpooktober Horror Movie Character Mani (Sam from Trick 'r Treat)


Sam is the keeper of rules and traditions on Halloween night.  He has a pumpkin shaped head covered with a burlap sack and button eyes, wears orange pjs and carries a pumpkin face lollipop.  I'll spare you an actual shot of him from the movie, he's horrifying.  Above is a cute cartoon representation of him.

L-R: OPI Nail Envy, China Glaze Getting to Gnaw You, Sinful Colors Courtney Orange, Essie Penny Talk, Sinful Colors Black on Black, Seche Vite

I honestly had no idea how I was going to do the burlap sack, so I went with the next obvious option... stamping.  I found a plate that would work, but first, my base.

Sinful Colors Courtney Orange, two coats no topcoat

I did two coats of Sinful Colors Courtney Orange on all fingers except my thumb.  For that I did two coats of China Glaze Getting to Gnaw You (which I apparently didn't get a pic of) and topped it with a coat of Seche Vite. 
Cici&Sisi stamping plate 04

I used Cici&Sisi plate 04 and Essie Penny Talk to recreate the burlap sack. I did not picture the actual stamp I used, but if you have this set, it was the closest one I could find that would emulate the texture of a burlap sack.  ;-)

Sam's burlap sack head

 I then used a medium striping brush and my Sinful Colors Black on Black for the details on Sam's orange pjs.  For the patches I somewhat dry brushed China Glaze Getting to Gnaw You in a square shape, then outlined it with Black on Black.


 This was an abstract design since I'm so bad at free-hand (I've never been artistic in the first place, which is why I love stamping so much!!) but I think it captures Sam's pure creepiness. 






Halloween is a time for fun scary movies.  My favorite is probably Scream or the classic The Shining.  What's your favorite horror movie?






No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik