Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Fun With Friends' Manis/Bear Pawlish Ultra Violet Swatch


Sorry for the dual post, but this will include a Bear Pawlish Ultra Violet swatch/mani and a mani done by a non-polisher.

I know I've said this before, but it really means a lot when a friend can appreciate your addiction to polish, and then join in that addiction.  Which is exactly what my dear friend Kate has done.  First up, Bear Pawlish!
More pics and info after the jump, just click the Read More link below!

zoya-cosmo
Bear Pawlish Ultra Violet and Zoya Cosmo



So, starting with Bear Pawlish Ultra Violet, which is a super fierce royal purple holo polish.  According to the site, it has a jelly finish, but mine was opaque in one coat with no layering needed.  I did two coats in the mani you see here, which only brought out more stunning holo and color.  Unfortunately that makes me nervous because that reads "stainer" to me.  I don't know yet, since I have yet to use it on my natural nails.  I did however, use it on my friend Kate (she has acrylics) over a base coat of Zoya Anchor, and they had to grind her acrylics down because of the staining...  :-O  Then again, acrylics tend to be porous so maybe it won't be bad on my natural nails.

Stamping on Bear Pawlish Ultra Violet

Ultra Violet did go on super smooth and stayed where I put it, so plus and plus!!  I topped it with a coat of Seche (I think) and then stamped using Cici&Sisi.  Honestly, I don't recall the plate, but I know for a fact it was stamped with Essie No Place Like Chrome and it pulled the purple of Ultra Violet!  Woah!

Bear Pawlish Ultra Violet with flash

Oh, I used two coats of Zoya Cosmo on Kate's middle finger.  I took a pic with a flash just for shiggles.  Oh, and because we drank a ton of wine.  Just the two of us.  Please refer to the next pic.  Ay yay yay...

What can I say?  We love wine.  This time it was Barefoot Moscato and Nissley Fantasy

Yep, all three of those bottles between the two of us.  Whoops.  Didn't even feel it.  Well, yeah we did... clearly.  I mean, this happened:

2 y.o. son getting a mani

That's my two-year-old son's nails.  I wouldn't do that sober.  But he sat on my lap (very still I might add!), put his nails on the table, and said "Nails, Mommy.  Nails now."  He was super persistent, so how could I say no?

Anyway, Kate then asked to do my nails.  Since she's never painted nails before, I was hesitant.  What if she messes up my polish?  What if she ruins my stamper?  What if, what if.... oh, screw it.
SURE!!

ILNP Supernova (bottle and middle finger)

Kate is very crafty and has an eye for colors.  So she pulled out a slew of polishes and went to town.  There's China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise, ILNP Supernova over ILNP Cygnus Loop, Sinful Colors Snow Me White, Bear Pawlish Ultra Violet (doesn't stamp well, fyi...), and Zoya Neely.

Kate cleaning the stamping plate

She did great for being a non-polisher!  I've been doing her nails (she's now taken to ask the nail salon for a fill only, and to leave them bare, then I paint!) and she's been watching intently so my teaching skills must have paid off!  ;-)


I did some extra cleanup, but honestly, she rocked it.  You see those specks on my thumb nail below?  Totally my fault.  She stamped perfectly and my drunken self screwed it up.  Whomp Whomp....


Still, I'm very proud of my nail student!  Fun times, good wine, and singing at the top of our lungs after midnight.  My hubby was so proud.

(only bc I adore Friends....)

And one last pic of my non-polisher mani...

Non-Polisher Mani!

Do you let non-polishers partake in your mani nights?  Please share blog links if you have some!

4 comments:

  1. What a stunning purple! Love Kate's manicure too. :) Sounds like a fun night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was the first Bear Pawlish ever that I was lusting for. And it was definitely fun! =)

      Delete
  2. You crack me up, lovely mani. Speaking of Friends..can you believe I've JUST started watching?! It's on Netflix so I was like meh guess I'll try it. I love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you! I can't believe you just started watching it. I watched every episode live... I mean... (wait, is my age showing?!?) I was in highschool, so obviously I had the time to catch every episode... I think I need to marathon now that I know it's on Netflix!

      Delete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik