Thursday, February 19, 2015

F.U.N. Lacquer Burnin' Up (H) - swatch and stamping

First off, this polish is stunningly, jaw-droppingly gorgeous.  It was soooo hard to photograph because I could not do it justice.  Go throw your money at F.U.N Lacquer, lol.  It will be well spent.  Polish swatch and review below!

fun-lacquer-burnin-up
F.U.N Lacquer Burnin' Up (H)



I have found that working with indie polishes is a dream.  I am so fond of so many different indies and just how unique they all are.  Most are so easy to work with.  This one though, I think I need to increase the amount of F.U.N polishes in my collection.

L-R: OPI Nail Envy, F.U.N Lacquer Burnin' Up (H), Sinful Colors Black On Black, KBShimmer Clearly On Top

I began with my usual base of OPI Nail Envy in one coat.  I spread my first coat of F.U.N Burnin' Up (H) (<--that's the holo version in case you didn't know) and I was mesmerized by the amount of holo microglitter in this polish.  WOW.

The formula in Burnin' Up (H) is fantastic; not too thin, not too thick, even given the amount of microglitter in it.  It spread easily to my cuticle without flooding.  I used two coats for the pics below.  Due to the amount of glitter in this polish, it dries a bit textured, but a coat of topcoat fixed that immediately.

F.U.N Lacquer Burnin' Up (H), two coats no topcoat, artificial light

This is a multichrome polish and shifts from gold, to greenish-gold (I'm like a kindergartner with color names, sorry guys, lol), to persimmon, maroon, red, and dark pink.  I tried to capture some of the shifts, which you will see below.  But this holo, man.....  I couldn't stop staring!

fun-lacquer-burnin-up
F.U.N Lacquer Burnin' Up (H)

I wanted minimal nail art on this so it wouldn't take away too much from the beauty of this polish.  I found a good image on my Cici&Sisi plates, but I wish I had a better black to stamp with.  Sometimes my Sinful Colors Black on Black works well, other times not so much.  This was one of the other times.

Cici&Sisi stamping plate 06

So I'm sorry for the flood of pics below, but like I said, I just wanted to share some of the beautiful shift I got with this polish.  I have my dear friend Megs (IG @megatuce) to thank for influencing my purchase of this polish.  When I saw it I just couldn't help myself.  I know they are restocking soon at F.U.N Lacquer, but I picked this up at Llarowe.



fun-lacquer-burnin-up-swatch
F.U.N Lacquer Burnin' Up (H)

fun-lacquer-burnin-up-swatch
F.U.N Lacquer Burnin' Up (H) with shift


fun-lacquer-burnin-up-swatch
Another view of  F.U.N Lacquer Burnin' Up (H)


fun-lacquer-burnin-up-sunlight-swatch
F.U.N Lacquer Burnin' Up (H) in direct sunlight

What is your favorite eye-catching sparkly polish?  I actually adore Painted Polish Drunk On Holo (which I do not own... yet).  Gets me every time I see it!

Nothing to disclose



34 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this brand before, pretty polish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Mega actually got me to take a look at them, and I was wow'd by almost all of them! They are so pretty! Expensive, but stunning nonetheless!

      Delete
  2. I only have two polishes from F.U.N. but I have been impressed with them so far too! Lovely look you've created here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Traci! This is one of my first two F.U.Ns as well!

      Delete
  3. FUN is on my list to try! Now you moved it up my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mani is right up my alley! Absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to have to look up swatches of this without the holo. Lovely shade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The multichrome in the non-holo version is so beautiful!

      Delete
  6. I love this base color! Polishes with that kind and shade of shift are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I just can't stop ordering them! Haha, BUY ALL THE MULTICHROMES! ;-)

      Delete
  7. Love FUN lacquer, and was stoked to see Llarowe pick it up, but I don't like the price as much. Love this mani though!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the price of this hurt a bit... But the shift and holo payoff are huge! Thank you!

      Delete
  8. I would love to won some FUN Lacquer someday. Gorgeous mani!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely really pretty! Not my style color, but still gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun Lacquer..wow. Lovely swatches. I have just been adding Fun Lacquer polishes in my wish list, hope some day i will own a few for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. Yay!! I can't wait to see your post about it! ;-)

      Delete
  12. This is gorgeous! Anytime I see anything by FUN I die inside a little. Can I win the lottery now, please?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such gorgeous polish. Love the design you teamed it up with.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't had a chance to try out Fun Lacquer before but this one looks so pretty. Love the subtle stamping too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm not usually a fan of the base color but man that (H) amps it up. Your stamping on top makes it for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amy! I've been trying to round out the multi chrome colors in my collection. This is one I wouldn't usually jump for. But I saw swatches and I was sold!

      Delete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik