Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Serum No. 5 Krypton-Brite Swatch

Sorry I haven't been around for a few days.  I've been trying to spend some more time with my son, so I've been going a couple days longer with the same mani instead of painting.  But today I have a swatch of Serum No. 5 Krypton-Brite for you!

krypton-brite-swatch
Serum No. 5 Krypton-Brite, three coats no topcoat

I purchased Serum No. 5 Krypton-Brite through Llarowe along with several other polishes.  I'll tell you what, this polish is worth every penny!  The formula is pretty smooth for a neon polish, and doesn't dry too quickly when you are applying it.  I was actually quite surprised!  I have three coats on my nails, but only because I bumped a couple of my nails so I smoothed them out with another coat.  O.O  Whoops, lol.  Hey, it happens!

krypton-brite-swatch
Serum No. 5 Krypton-Brite, three coats no topcoat

This is with no topcoat.  Since it's a glow in the dark polish (ooooo sweet!) it can be a bit gritty when it dries, but you can topcoat without affecting the glow in the dark effect.

So, Krypton-brite is obviously a neon green cream polish, and it glows white-ish in the dark.  This is a really fun color and easy polish to work with.  It is self-leveling, which is always nice, and the perfect consistency to work with.  It dries relatively quickly too.

I took a couple of photos in the dark, but I realized I really need to work on my photography skills in the dark, lol.  These were quick snaps with my iPhone 6 camera.  The polish glows whiter than these pics show, and also glows pretty bright with minimal light exposure.  Next time I will try using my LED gel curing light to get a brighter glow.



glow-in-the-dark-polish
Serum No. 5 Krypton-Brite, shown glowing in the dark

glow-in-the-dark-polish
Serum No. 5 Krypton-Brite, shown glowing in the dark


What are your tips and tricks for photographing glow in the dark polishes?  Anyone with an iPhone 6 that can share your experience?
Nothing to disclose

30 comments:

  1. *sigh* yet another for the must-have pile... How did you capture the glow so well?! I've been struggling with it, and just bought a blacklight for the job...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I'm sorry for enabling! :-p Actually, I was surprised how well the glow showed up for the short amount of time I held my nails under the light. It was actually pretty bright in person! I think it's just a good glow-in-the-dark formula. I have a blacklight but I used it once and gave up after I burned myself, lol.

      Delete
  2. I love this! I like the green shade and the fact that it glows in the dark is a great bonus! I'll be checking this out for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It definitely caught my eye right away!

      Delete
  3. I have the pink one from this collection. I need to try it. I love this green, it's so limey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a fun shade! I can't wait to see the pink one!

      Delete
  4. I love green polish, so of course I love this! Nice swatch :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a lover of all things green! This is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a bright green! Love how it glows in the dark!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore bright polishes, so this one was right up my alley!

      Delete
  7. Very stunning! I also cover up bumps with an extra coat sometimes ;) I completely fail at photographing stuff in the dark, but willpaintnailsforfood has a blogger bootcamp post series, one of the posts is on photography and she gives tips about this. If I remember correctly you need to set your ISO really high, charge your nails and then snap. Or the ISO must be low...I can't remember exactly, but I'm 80% sure it's high :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you for the suggestion! I'll check out her blog post! And thanks for the nail love! =)

      Delete
  8. I have a shirt this color! Love bright greens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! My son's room is painted this color, and when it was in the process of being painted before the carpet was down, it actually glowed out the bottom of the door!! Crazy!

      Delete
  9. Though green is not my fav but ur swatch is perfect. Glow in the dark wow. Go through piggielove blog for tips n tricks to click

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's right! I forgot she does a lot of GITD manis and her photos are always flawless. Thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete
  10. I've recently become addicted to Serum no5 glow polishes. They are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may take a trip down the rabbit hole with these..... O.O =)

      Delete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik