Thursday, June 4, 2015

Obsessed with Color Blocking

Every once in a while we need to step out of our comfort zone, right?  Thankfully we have things such as mani swaps and Bestie Twin Nails to help us try new things we wouldn't otherwise think to do. Today I have a mani that was a result of Bestie Twin Nails.  I really enjoyed doing them!  Read on for more info and pics!

cbl-colors-by-llarowe-obsessed-with-marilyn
Color Block Mani



My partner for Bestie Twin Nails was Trish, aka ThePolishedMage on IG.  I found a pic for inspiration of a mani created by IG@instachoou that I instantly fell in love with.  Here is a pic of our BTN collage including our inspiration pic!

Bestie Twin Nails with inspiration photo
Nothing to disclose

So I started out with my usual base of Qtica and OPI Nail Envy.  I've had some peeling on my Cindy hand middle finger (eff you, middle finger!!) so I needed to file it down pretty far.  I think using Qtica helps to keep my nails growing nicely.  That damn middle finger though...

L-R: Qtica, OPI Nail Envy, Essie Sugar Daddy, MPolish Fresh Perspective, Color Club Cosmic Fate, CbL Obsessed with Marilyn, KBShimmer Clearly On Top

I used two coats of Color Club Cosmic Fate on my index and pinky fingers, and two coats of Essie Sugar Daddy on my middle two fingers.  I love Sugar Daddy for a negative space mani.  It is so sheer but adds that little bit of pink that makes for lovely negative space.  I stamped over them all using MPolish Fresh Perspective and Uber Chic Beauty plate 1-02.  I then topped it all with KBShimmer Clearly on Top quick dry topcoat.

Color Club Cosmic Fate and Essie Sugar Daddy stamped with MPolish Fresh Perspective

mpolish-fresh-perspective-pink-stamping-polish
Essie Sugar Daddy stamped with MPolish Fresh Perspective

I used straight nail vinyls by GlamMyMani to block off the middle parts of my nail, and to create the edge for the design on my index and pinky fingers.  I then used Colors by Llarowe Obsessed with Marilyn and Color Club Cosmic Fate on the outside of the vinyls.

color-club-cosmic-fate
CbL Obsessed With Marilyn

color-club-cosmic-fate
Oh, hey, I have a thumb!  ;-)

color-club-cosmic-fate
Cindy hand, look at that stubby middle fingernail!!

It's not exactly like our inspiration pic, but I think it's pretty close!  I enjoyed stepping out of my usual mani mind and trying something different.  Loved the end result!

essie-sugar-daddy
Macro shots are fun!

cbl-colors-by-llarowe-obsessed-with-marilyn
Macro of CBL Obsessed with Marilyn and Color Club Cosmic Fate stamped with  Fresh Perspective

And because holographic goodness, I couldn't pass up a sun shot!

color-club-cosmic-fate
Mani in sunlight, look at that holo glow!
Have you participated in Bestie Twin Nails before?  I'm usually up for a challenge, so if you are interested in pairing with me, you can contact me either through IG or email!

34 comments:

  1. Since obsessed is the running theme here, I'm going to have to say I'm obsessed with the stamping job over the naked nail. That is my absolute favorite part. So elegant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I definitely need to do another full mani with negative space stamping soon, I love how they look too!

      Delete
  2. That's gorgeous! I love that you did a stamped negative space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really like how it turned out!

      Delete
  3. This is such a fun and creative mani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Manna! I wish I was as creative as so many people... I love using other manis for inspiration, really kicks my butt into gear! ;-)

      Delete
  4. Very pretty! I love how this looks. I'm going to have to try something similar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amy! I can't wait to see what you do!

      Delete
  5. This is so gorgeous!!! Makes me kind of sad I passed on Obsessed with Marilyn even. I'm going to be using this as inspiration for an upcoming mani for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'm sure it'll come around somewhere for you to buy if you still want it. ;-) I can't wait to see what you do!

      Delete
  6. love this!! super elegnt and original

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I loved our inspiration mani! Glad that I could recreate it!

      Delete
  7. Very pretty! It's very classy looking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How did I miss these!? Absolutely gorgeous. I love the delicate stamping paired with the bold color blocks. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jen! I think that's the part that caught my eye on our inspiration pic. I was happy to recreate it!

      Delete
  9. This is so neat - I love all the polishes you used, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They were all great to work with!

      Delete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous! Obsessed with Marilyn is one of my favorite CbLs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sumeet! It's such a bold red, I love it!

      Delete
  11. Great idea for a very orignial mani !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Schette! I wish the original idea was mine, but I was happy to recreate this mani!

      Delete
  12. You both did a great job with the recreation! It's a very original idea, I've never seen a color blocking, stamped, negative space mani all in one before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?!? Everything but the kitchen sink mani! ;-) Thank you! I enjoyed recreating it!

      Delete
  13. Gorgeous mani! Your stamping is always flawless and I love your Essie Sugar Daddy tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really appreciate your kind words! Happy to help! =)

      Delete
  14. Looks good! I'm really loving that cbl. Something about vampy holos has me obsessed lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obsessed, eh? I'm sensing a theme... :-p Thank you! I love the bold vampy red too!

      Delete
  15. Replies
    1. Thanks, Amanda! It's so bold and makes such a statement! =)

      Delete
  16. I adore how this mani came out. Very unique and cute color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Damn this is GORGEOUS!!! I can't pick out which nail I like best!!! I love the idea of color blocking over a stamped image! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik