Friday, June 26, 2015

Real Men Wear Pink

Hello there!  Welcome back!  I've taken a couple of weeks off from blogging, but I'm happy to bring you a beautiful polish today!  Read on for more pics and info!

mpolish-pish-plashin-around
Lollipop Posse Lacquer Boys Can't Be Men stamped with MPolish Pish Plashin' Around



So I may have been a bit naughty while on vacation for a week (partly why I haven't had time for my blog - I was enjoying a much-needed vacay).  I may have bought a few (read: many... many many) bottles of polish recently.  I had a good bit of them show up while I was away, but my wonderful neighbor was kind enough to rescue them throughout the week and grace me with them upon my return!  Thank you, my dear neighbor friend!

One of these packages contained a beautiful glitter crelly duo by Lollipop Posse Lacquer.  This is one of the packages I was most excited about (oh, who am I kidding, I was crazy excited for all of them!).  Well, this particular package did not disappoint!!  This first polish I used from the duo is called Boys Can't Be Men (gosh, my blog post titles are so corny... if nothing else at least I amuse myself!  ;-) ).  

Nothing to disclose.  All polish purchased by me.
L-R: Qtica Natural Nail Growth Stimulator, OPI Nail Envy, Lollipop Posse Lacquer Boys Can't Be Men, MPolish Pish 'Plashin Around, KBShimmer Clearly On Top

Take a look at this amazing neon pink crelly with various shapes and sizes of neon blue glitter, with a smattering of blue micro glitter and aqua shimmer.  At first glance I was sure I would need at least three coats to be fully opaque, and even then I figured I'd probably need a white undie.  Boy was I wrong!

Macro bottle and brush shot of Lollipop Posse Lacquer Boys Can't Be Men

Below is two fabulous coats of Lollipop Posse Lacquer Boys Can't Be Men.  I don't think I've gotten along with a polish this well, maybe ever.  I'm not even a big fan of pink!  But this was everything I could have asked for in a pink polish.  Not only is this such an appealing shade of pink and blue, but the formula is perfect for precision (stayed where I put it, not runny or thick, self-leveled), the brush is perfect for the size and shape of my nails and it distributed the polish very well without flooding my cuticles, it has a fantastic glitter payoff and required no fishing whatsoever.  It also dried pretty quickly between coats.  I finished my second coat and just sat and admired my nails for a good bit of time, much longer than any "normal" person, I'm sure.

neon-pink-blue-glitter-crelly-polish
Lollipop Posse Lacquer Boys Can't Be Men, two coats and topcoat

I topped them all with KBShimmer Clearly On Top quick dry topcoat, and was ready for some stamping.  But first....  ;-)


Look at that lovely shimmer!  And those neon blue glitters just POP over that neon pink!

neon-pink-blue-glitter-crelly-nail-polish
Macro of Lollipop Posse Lacquer Boys Can't Be Men, two coats and topcoat

neon-pink-blue-glitter-crelly-nail-polish
 Boys Can't Be Men, shown a little darker in this photo than in real life

There are about twenty more "nailies" but I will save you the trouble (and your sanity!) and tell you they all looked pretty similar to the three photos above.

So yeah, stamping!  I've been dying to use this image from my Uber Chic Beauty set 1 plates, pretty much since I saw MadamLuck use it in this fashion with a different color combination.  I ended up covering a bit more surface area of my nail than I meant to, but I like the fact that the image is so open and delicate so it didn't take too much away from the base polish.  This image can be found in Uber Chic Beauty's first set, plate 1-02.

Say hello to my little friends....  =)

Oh yeah, I should point out that I am fully aware that I have an interesting mix of nail shapes on Cindy there.  Yes, my index finger decided to peel halfway down along the free edge so she got chopped, and oh yeah, guess who decided to follow along?  What a poser....  And if you think I'm filing the rest of them down to match these traitors, well, you don't know me very well.  I just feel like it's a great way to show how polish looks on long and short nails alike!!  Hey, what a novel idea, I know.  :-p

Anyway, I stamped with MPolish Pish Plashin' Around.  As you can gather from the trickles of polish down the front of Pish, this stunning blue stamping polish is well used here.  It's the perfect summer blue!  I felt that it complemented the colors in Boys Can't Be Men very well.  I then sealed everything in with another coat of KBShimmer Clearly On Top.

lollipop-posse-lacquer-boys-cant-be-men
Macro of MPolish Pish Plashin' Around stamped over Lollipop Posse Lacquer Boys Can't Be Men

I've included a sun shot just because this summery combo deserved some sunlight action!

lollipop-posse-lacquer-boys-cant-be-men
Direct Sunlight.  Yay Summer!!

Have you tried any polishes from Lollipop Posse Lacquer yet?  If so, what is your favorite?

22 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! The stamping accentuates the glitter perfectly without overpowering it. Really nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jenny! Then I really nailed the look I was going for! ;-)

      Delete
  2. Welcome back, and what an awesome post to come back with. Stunning polish and stamping x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's good to be back in the swing of things!

      Delete
  3. The polish is so pretty and the stamping on top is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love how easy it is to use these Uber Chic plates. Basically does the work for me. :-p

      Delete
  4. Such pretty Polish with interesting names.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe this one was inspired by Tori Amos? They are really beautiful polishes!

      Delete
  5. I love the stamping over the glitter polish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I didn't want to take too much away from the glitter, so I'm glad I had an image like this to use.

      Delete
  6. Oh I love the stamping on top!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shawna! I'm glad it worked with this polish! =)

      Delete
  7. I love this combination!! And the stamping is the perfect addition!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I was afraid the stamping would take over the mani, but I really like how it worked out.

      Delete
  8. A gorgeous polish indeed! Pish Plashin' Around was the perfect choice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Thanks, Renee! It felt very summery to me!

      Delete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik