Sunday, July 5, 2015

Happy Independence Day brought to you by Zoya

Happy Independence Day to those who celebrate!  Today I have a full Zoya mani for you.  Read on for more pics and info!

fourth-of-july-nail-art
Zoya Independence Day Mani

Red, white and blue.  The colors of America.  Since no one does reds better than Zoya, I was inspired by the holiday to pull out a brand new polish from Zoya's newest Paradise Sun collection called Aphrodite.

Aphrodite is described by Zoya as "a vibrant summer red with a micronized pearl metallic finish and multihued flash..."  It is truly nothing short of gorgeous.  You'll see a macro shot of Aphrodite later in this post; I'm just warning you now, you will want this polish in your collection!

zoya-cosmo-dream
Zoya Aphrodite

To round out this mani, I used Zoya Cosmo, which is a silver Magical Pixie Dust with a smattering of holographic glitter throughout.  It is like having a disco ball on your fingers!  I also used Zoya Dream, which truly is the most dreamy blue ever.  It has holographic microparticles in a jelly royal blue base that give it a pop of something extra.

Cindy hand with nubs for two nails!

Backing things up for just a minute... You see my Cindy hand above?  That darn middle finger still isn't fairing very well.  And that index finger is taking it's good ol' time growing back.  Anyway, I decided to try a different mix of base coats in hopes that my dear Cindy hand would approve.  We shall see.  I used a coat of Essie Grow Stronger basecoat topped with a coat of OPI Nail Envy.

I created the negative space portion of this mani using Glam My Mani single chevron nail vinyls.  I painted the blue and the red and while they were still wet I pulled the vinyls off.  I dabbed some topcoat on the blue part and affixed holographic star studs.  Then I topped everything with KBShimmer Clearly On Top quick dry topcoat.

fourth-of-july-nail-art
Zoya Aphrodite, Cosmo, and Dream

And some macro goodness for you!  Aphrodite, Cosmo, then Dream for your viewing pleasure.  Look at that depth!

zoya-red-nail-polish
Macro of Zoya Aphrodite


silver-holographic-textured-nail-polish
Macro of Zoya Cosmo Magical Pixie Dust


blue-nail-polish-holographic-glitter
 Macro of Zoya Dream


How do you celebrate Independence Day?  Our neighbors put on a fireworks show for the kids on our block and we all really had a good time!

19 comments:

  1. Love it!! specially those macros!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! specially those macros!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all great together! Hope you enjoyed your Fourth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great Independence Day mani! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful mani! LOVE the macros!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these! Zoya is my favorite manistream brand and these polishes are a big reason why! I love Dream and Cosmo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My my myyyyy i love this patriotic mani! Very lovely macros also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oi. Your prediction about Aphrodite was spot on. Pity Zoya is so hard to come by here

    ReplyDelete
  9. YASSSS!! Negative space manis do something to me. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely ! The colors have the perfect match.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those mscros!!! Love what you did with the negative space!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Negative space works so perfectly here

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks amazing. I'm not generally a fan of negative space but it works so well here!

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik