Sunday, July 19, 2015

B.I.T.C.H by Jaclyn Nautical Mani

It's summer, I'm keeping busy at work, missing the beach, and have had an idea in mind for a while now to do a nautical themed mani.  Read on for more pics and info on mah fun sailor gradient nails!

nautical-nails-nail-polish
Nautical Mani featuring Zoya Genesis


Nothing to disclose

I've had my eye on the brand B.I.T.C.H by Jaclyn for some time, and finally jumped on her last collection release almost two months ago.  The offensive nature of her polishes definitely drew me in, especially being the potty mouth that I am.  I thought the swatches from the Life's A Beach summer collection were nice and just a bit different from anything in my nail polish collection.  Plus, who could pass on the opportunity to own polish named Go Topless, Ahoy Bitches, and my personal favorite, Fuck It?  Not me, that's for sure.

So.  Eighteen days after I purchased these three polishes, they finally shipped.  I was forewarned on the website that the owner of B.I.T.C.H by Jaclyn only ships twice a month.  Still, I was anxious to get these.  Three days later they arrived (I mean, I am in the same town as the maker).  I was a bit underwhelmed with the two holos from the new collection.  It could be the fact that I have been spoiled by the ultra holos in my collection.  They were pretty nonetheless, and great shades of blue, they just weren't what I was expecting.  FYI, I'm also not linking the store in this post because she just recently announced she is liquidating and going out of business.  So sorry, you are out of luck unless you score something from this brand from a re-seller.

L-R: Zoya Genesis, B.I.T.C.H by Jaclyn Go Topless, BbJ Ahoy, Bitches!, and BbJ Fuck It

Back to the mani.  So I was impressed with the fact that both Ahoy Bitches (cerulean blue with linear holo) and Go Topless (aqua teal blue with linear holo) are opaque enough to be one coaters.  I had no application issues with Go Topless, which is what I used for a base of my gradient.  

aqua-teal-blue-linear-holo-nail-polish
B.I.T.C.H by Jaclyn Go Topless, one coat no topcoat

I also used two coats of Genesis from Zoya's latest Paradise Sun collection.  I had no application issues with Genesis either, with which I was pleasantly surprised since I thought it would be streaky.  I believe I have found my new white base.  For everything.  Genesis gives a little something extra besides your run-of-the-mill white cream polish.  It has a micronized metallic pearl finish, which of course I couldn't capture on camera.  I did my best with my macro below.

white-nail-polish-micronized-pearl-finish
Zoya Genesis, two coats with topcoat



zoya-genesis-swatch-macro-nail-polish
Macro of Zoya Genesis, two coats with topcoat

As I am noticing now, I neglected to take photos of my mermaid scales nail vinyls from WhatsUpNails.  Whoops.  Well, I'll explain.  So after I topcoated Genesis with KBShimmer Clearly on Top quick dry topcoat, I laid one of the scale vinyls on my middle finger and then sponged a gradient over top using Go Topless and Ahoy Bitches.  I made a few passes until I was mildly pleased (I could have made a few more passes to make it more opaque, but I didn't).  Then I carefully peeled the vinyl off, leaving the white to show underneath.

I also sponged a gradient on my index and pinky fingers and thumb.  Man, was that dark blue a bitch to work with, gradient-wise.  I figured it would be pretty opaque and work like a charm.  Not the case.  It's a little more jelly-like in formula, so I really had to work it to get it where I wanted it to go.  Just took a bit more effort than I expected.

Uber Chic Beauty plate 3-02 stamping plate

Once I was happy with the gradient, I stamped over it using Uber Chic Beauty plate 3-02.  I am just as pleased with this set as I was with the first one.  There are so many fun and unique designs to choose from and they are beautifully etched.  For this particular mani, I was happy to find a knot image that would work perfectly with my nautical theme.  I stamped with Fuck It, which is very opaque and thick, so pretty great for stamping.  By the way, that sentence makes me giggle.

cerulean-blue-linear-holo-nail-polish
Featuring Ahoy, Bitches! from B.I.T.C.H by Jaclyn

If you know me, you know I can't stop there.  I pulled out the rhinestones and placed them as you see in the pics using just topcoat to stick them and then topped them again with my quick dry topcoat.  

Featuring Go Topless from B.I.T.C.H by Jaclyn

The shot below pretty much sums up how I feel about my Cindy hand.  Two of my nails won't grow without peeling, my vinyl on my ring finger pulled up a bit of my base coat, my stamping is completely crooked, I used a different rhinestone on my middle finger... Meh, fuck it.

Yep.

Due to the weather we've been experiencing, I wasn't able to get a sun shot, so unfortunately a flash shot will have to do.  I know it's more focused on my palm than my nails, but you can see a bit more sparkle here!

Blurry flash shot to show holo
whats-up-nails-mermaid-scales-nail-vinyls
Macro of the gradient over mermaid scales nail vinyls
nail-art-stamping-stamps
Macro of gradient with stamping over top

What's your favorite Nautical mani theme?  Nautical colors?

19 comments:

  1. I love the overall feel here. Am I the only one that thinks it's weird for a bushiness to ship twice a month?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Um, no, you're definitely not the only one... I think it's nuts!

      Delete
  2. Great mani! I love these colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! =) These are some of my favorite colors!

      Delete
  3. Love your mermaid nautical look. I love the bitch polishes, but I'm inpatient and I'm not sure I could get with the only shipping twice a month thing. I'm an instant gratification kind of girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hehe, you and me both!! I've gotten great service and quick shipping from so many other indies that I think I'm spoiled now! ;-)

      Delete
  4. These UberChic plates are beautiful as is your mani x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I definitely have a love affair going with my Uber Chic plates, lol.

      Delete
  5. Loving this! I might have to check out some of her stuff when she has her "going out of business" sale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yep, perfect time to pick some up!

      Delete
  6. I really love how you put everything together so perfectly. I never would have thought about the knots stamping but it goes together perfectly! Beautiful job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It was definitely a last minute addition, and I'm happy I found an image like this so quickly! =D

      Delete
  7. Awww...this is sooo pretty. Love the colors that you have used and the design is simply amazing. Love that anchor :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much!! These are some of my favorite colors!

      Delete
  8. Great review. I can't order from a shop that has such a slow turn around time. I also get really sad when I get a "holo" polish that's not really holo. Love the design you ended with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hear you, even with quicker turnarounds I am constantly checking my email for shipping notices and then my mailbox for deliveries!

      Delete
  9. ANCHORS! I'm a sucker for anything with an anchor. And I recently purchased the UC set 3 plates so now I am really excited! Love this mani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love anchors too! Get excited for that set of plates, they are fantastic!! I actually just pulled the trigger on the new set 4 and threw in set 2 since I didn't have those yet. I can't wait to get them and use them! Can't wait to see what you do with them too!

      Delete
  10. Many interesting information I can find what I am very happy.

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik