Monday, August 3, 2015

SinfulColors 2015 Back to School: A Class Act collection -- Part 1: Chalkboard Diaries

Is summer over already??  No, it's not, but it is time to gear up for Back to School season!  SinfulColors has some great colors to help you get ready for the start of school season.  Read on for more pics and info!

sinful-colors-swatch
Macro bottle shots of SinfulColors A Class Act collection

SinfulColors has a brand spankin' new collection called A Class Act, set to release in August and September at Walgreens and other mass retailers.  In fact, you may have already seen them!  As usual, this SinfulColors collection will retail for $1.99.

Today I am reviewing some of the new demi mattes from the Chalkboard Diaries sub-collection.  These all have the same type of finish called demi matte, which could also be referred to as a satin finish.  This is a gorgeous finish and a little different from what we have seen in the past.  Without further adieu I bring you the Chalkboard Diaries demi mattes!



SinfulColors V.I.Peach bottle and brush shot

V.I.Peach is almost a creamy banana yellow more than a peach color.  I used two medium coats for full opacity and had no issues when applying it, except for my middle finger.  It was a bit patchy due to missing a spot with my first coat.  Totally my fault.  But this is a fun summer color that dries to a demi matte finish.  

sinfulcolors-a-class-act-collection
SinfulColors V.I.Peach -- two coats no topcoat

Macro of SinfulColors V.I.Peach -- two coats plus topcoat

I know there's a bit of variation in the colors in my photos.  The photo below is color-accurate.

sinfulcolors-a-class-act-collection
SinfulColors V.I.Peach -- two coats plus topcoat



SinfulColors Chalk It Up bottle and brush shot

Chalk It Up is a wonderful pistachio green color.  My first coat with this one was very runny, but I had decent coverage.  My second coat had great coverage, but still flooded my cuticles.  With a steady hand and using thin coats, this will probably be a 3 coater to some, but well worth it.  Check out that beautiful color!

sinfulcolors-a-class-act-collection
SinfulColors Chalk It Up -- two coats plus topcoat

sinfulcolors-a-class-act-collection
SinfulColors Chalk It Up -- two coats plus topcoat


sinfulcolors-a-class-act-collection
Macro of SinfulColors Chalk It Up -- two coats plus topcoat

Hazed

SinfulColors Hazed bottle and brush shot

This one was a bit of a surprise jelly!  Hazed is a muted magenta and is probably my second favorite of this bunch.  I used two thick coats to achieve full opacity.  I had no issues with this formula.  As with the rest of this part of the collection, Hazed dries to a demi matte finish.


sinfulcolors-a-class-act-collection
SinfulColors Hazed -- two coats, no topcoat


SinfulColors RADient bottle and brush shot

Oh my goodness...  I love a good jelly polish, and this one does not disappoint!  This vibrant raspberry pinky-red jelly is called RADient and it quickly shot to the top of my favorites list for this collection!  It is similar in formula to Hazed, just a bit more translucent.  I used three coats and still had VNL (visible nail line).  That doesn't bother me, but for those of you that it doesn't appeal to, just be forewarned.  I had no issues with RADient when applying it.


sinfulcolors-a-class-act-collection
SinfulColors RADient -- three coats, no topcoat


sinfulcolors-a-class-act-collection
Macro of SinfulColors RADient -- three coats, no topcoat, showing demi matte finish

^^Check out that demi matte finish!!  Wow!  When topcoated it looks like a squishy red/pink jelly.  I used KBShimmer Clearly On Top for some extra shine and quick dry time.

sinfulcolors-a-class-act-collection
SinfulColors RADient -- three coats plus topcoat

sinfulcolors-a-class-act-collection
SinfulColors RADient -- three coats plus topcoat

I took it one step further and applied Essie Matte About You topcoat and my heart nearly stopped.  This is my favorite look in this collection.


sinfulcolors-a-class-act-collection
Matte topcoat over SinfulColors RADient


SinfulColors Blackboard bottle and brush shot

Apparently this one is a Walgreens exclusive.  Blackboard is appropriately named, as the finished look reminds me of a freshly wiped down blackboard at school.  This was surprisingly thin, as I actually expected it to be thick and work well for stamping.  I have not yet had the chance to play around with stamping with this collection; I will try to do so soon, but this one looks a bit too thin to actually get decent stamping coverage.

I used two thick coats for full opacity with Blackboard.  My first coat was definitely patchy, but the second coat leveled everything out.  Again, this is probably going to be a 3 coater when applying thin coats, but it, too, is worth it.

sinfulcolors-a-class-act-collection
SinfulColors Blackboard -- two coats no topcoat


sinfulcolors-a-class-act-collection
SinfulColors Blackboard -- two coats no topcoat


sinfulcolors-a-class-act-collection
It looks just like a blackboard!!

My overall thoughts on this collection: SinfulColors has put together a really great, cohesive Back To School collection at a great price!  Be sure to keep your eye out for these at Walgreens and some other mass retailers for only $1.99 each!  You can also follow SinfulColors for more information and up-to-date news using the following social media pages:

I have a few more SinfulColors polishes to share with you; stay tuned for more swatches soon!  You can subscribe to my page or follow me via Bloglovin' using the link to the right on my page!



SinfulColors polishes were provided to me for an honest review.
I was not compensated for this review. All opinions are my own.

29 comments:

  1. wow, these demi matte finish polishes are lovely. Beautiful swatches :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great swatches! Chalk it up is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was very intrigued by the color of Chalk It Up. I really like it too!

      Delete
  3. Great swatches! I really like the demi-matte finish more than I thought I would.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They were exactly what I was expecting and I really, really like them!

      Delete
  4. Great swatches! I'm definitely going to run to Walgreens and pick up the black, I didn't think I would like it but I'm loving the swatches of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know, I was nervous for that one, but it's really quite beautiful. Not as harsh as a full matte, which really appeals to me.

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous swatches!! I love RADIent on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I had a hard time removing that... I wanted to keep wearing it! ;-)

      Delete
  6. Very pretty. I like Hazed on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was pretty impressed with the jelly formula. It wasn't fussy at all!

      Delete
  7. I love Haze. It's such a pretty fall color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was so impressed with this collection personally. Love your swatches so much, I can't wait to share mine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really great swatches, Tamara! I love the jellies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your swatches! The colors look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, you rocked this collection! I need me some new SinfulColors but I have so many already that I'll need to make some space in my Helmer!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! So glad I finally found them all. Can't way to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am glad that I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik