Thursday, May 7, 2015

Embracing the Warmth!

Hey there!  I think it's Spring finally!  All I've been thinking about lately is grilling and taking the little bugger outside to play.  Oh yeah, and bright fun things on my nails!  Read on for more info and pics about this mani!

mpolish-stamping-polish
Summer lovin' had me a blast!

I love neon polish.  I could use it year round.  As the weather gets nicer, I'm even more excited to use them.  They just glow in the sun!  And I have some awesome summer stamping polishes to use with them.  Woot!
All polishes purchased by me.
There is nothing to disclose.

L-R: Qtica Natural Nail Growth Stimulator, OPI Nail Envy, Pipe Dream Polish On The List, MPolish Snowberry, MPolish Pish Plashin' Around, ILNP My Private Rainbow (L+S), KBShimmer Clearly On Top, Uber Chic Beauty plate 1-02

I don't usually reach for pink polish, but I haven't used On The List from Pipe Dream Polish yet, so I decided to use that.  I'm trying to go through my untrieds and this was a perfect opportunity to use it!

I paired On The List with MPolish Pish Plashin' Around because neon pink and blue go great together!  Plus, Pish Plashin' Around is a fantastic pool blue stamping polish with great coverage.  Check out the image on my stamp and lint roller below!  Woah!  I was just testing some images and playing around until I ultimately decided to use a geometric print on my Uber Chic Beauty plates.

creative-shop-stamper
Creative Shop stamper with MPolish Pish Plashin' Around and Uber Chic plate 1-02 image

Image stamped on my lint roller

I picked up these images with my Creative Shop stamper, which has been so great to use.  I had no problems using it right out of the bag without priming it, and it picks up a perfect stamp 99% of the time.  And it's HUGE!  I've found that it's best to use a light touch when picking up an image with the Creative Shop stamper.  I typically roll the stamper lightly over the image after scraping with the scraper that came with the stamper.  I've gotten the best results this way.

creative-shop-stamper
Creative Shop stamper with MPolish Pish Plashin' Around and Uber Chic plate 1-02 image


Image stamped on my lint roller

Anyway, back to my mani.  I started with the usual one coat of Qtica Natural Nail Growth Stimulator and one coat of OPI Nail Envy.  I didn't list it, but I used a coat of OPI Alpine Snow as an undie for two coats of On The List, since it makes the neon pop a little more.  On my middle two fingers I used two coats of MPolish Snowberry as a shimmery, pearly white base for stamping.

mpolish-pish-plashin-around
Sorry for the terrible glare!

I stamped with Pish Plashin' Around using Uber Chic Beauty plate 1-02.  What's neat about Uber Chic plates is that for set 1, there are subsets of larger images as single smaller images in the middle of the plates.  I used the smaller images in a random spattering of designs on my index and pinky fingers, so I'm not quite sure where I was going with it, but I thought it was a bit fun.

mpolish-pish-plashin-around
Cindy hand with more terrible glare!

Once I was done with stamping, I topped everything with a coat of ILNP My Private Rainbow (L+S).  ILNP MPR(L+S) definitely offers a very subtle holo effect, so if you're looking for something stronger, this may not be the holo topper for you.  I like it because it presents a subtle "pop" on a mani when in the sunshine.


pipe-dream-polish-a-night-in-vegas-cremes
This neon pink just glows!

mpolish-snowberry
Closeup of Pish Plashin' Around over Snowberry topped with ILNP My Private Rainbow (L+S)

So, I was fairly happy with how this turned out, but I had picked up a couple OPI polishes from their Hawaii collection and I couldn't wait to use them.  This mani gave me the opportunity to pair OPI This Color's Making Waves with Pish Plashin' Around and On The List.  I used two coats of OPI This Color's Making Waves and topped everything with KBShimmer Clearly On Top quick dry topcoat.

Sorry for the craptastic lighting... Direct sunlight through a window

I really like how this turned out!  It definitely made me wish for warmer weather, and it looks like that wish came true!  ;-)


pipe-dream-polish-on-the-list
Pipe Dream Polish On The List (pink), MPolish Snowberry (white), Pish Plashin' Around (blue stamping), OPI This Color's Making Waves (teal)

With the weather getting warmer, what's your favorite summer color pairing?

32 comments:

  1. I like the stamping! I wish I had that stamping polish. I don't know if I have any favorite summer colors but neon and holo is my favorite finishes to combine in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to pull out all of my holos too!!

      Delete
  2. I wish my creative stamper would pick up that good. It just refuses to work for me lol. Lovely mani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, that's too bad, Lo! Have you tried washing it with Dawn dish soap? I've heard some have gotten good results that way. Also I've heard a swipe of alcohol or acetone has helped some others. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. I'm on your nails! I love this combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're on my nails!! And I love you! Lol, both of you. ;-) Thanks, Pish!

      Delete
  4. Such a fun mani! M Polish and a Creative stamper are both must haves in my book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yep, they have topped my list for sure!

      Delete
  5. I love this mani. Happy image is so cute....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anita! I have used that Happy image since this post and it made me happy, lol!

      Delete
  6. I love both of these manis, but the final skittle is my favorite. And I also love my Creative stamper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Michelle! I really liked it that way too. Yay for Creative stampers!

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous! I love when stampers pick up the entire images. It makes so happy that I want to stamp them all over my face, I'm not sure why lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, I would love to see a blog post about your stamped face, Manna!

      Delete
  8. The blue polish stamped so well and is so beautiful that it just goes on my wishlist !

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore how the mani turned out and I am impressed by how well that blue stamps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Roselynn! It really stamps beautifully!

      Delete
  10. Love how this looks! I can't say I have a summer favorite, but I always make sure to bring out the holos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Savannah! Holos are next to come out!! =D

      Delete
  11. I had no idea the stamper was so huge. Your pink and blue nails are so awesome. Love that combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is massive, lol. Thank you, I liked the end result myself!

      Delete
  12. Such a cute mani and a great look at that GIANT stamper. I really love that happy image - making me want to go plate shopping :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Charlie! It is massive! And I know what you mean, all of these images make me want to buy more! ;-)

      Delete
  13. This is awesome! Love the colors and the stamping! I miss my UberChic plates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amanda! Oh no! Why do you miss them, where are they?!?

      Delete
  14. I love this whole mani!!! The combo of the hot pink with the frosty white and Pish Plashin' Around is perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dani!! I was thrilled that it all came together!

      Delete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik