Thursday, May 21, 2015

Sliver of Hope Over Harlow

Since it feels like fall outside (seriously Mother Nature, get yourself together, it's SPRING!!), I thought this warm rosy pink/purple from Zoya would be appropriate for the weather.  Read on for more pics and info!

Zoya Harlow stamped with MPolish Sliver of Hope

So it seems we need to have an intervention... with Mother Nature.  She seems to be a bit confused this year.

And making it a symbol for good measure!

Nothing to disclose

In the spirit of cooler weather, I reached for my Zoya Matte Velvet collection and came out with Harlow.  Harlow is one of six matte polishes in Zoya's re-released Matte Velvet Collection.  Harlow is described by Zoya as "a rich, saturated rose plum packed with sparkling metallic shimmer in a velvety MATTEVELVET finish".  And I just can't get over that shimmer!!  It is beautiful and prominent whether Harlow is topped with a shiny topcoat or left in it's natural matte state.

Zoya Harlow in its matte velvet state

Harlow is greatly pigmented without staining your nails and cuticles.  It is so richly pigmented that I only used one coat for this mani.  That's it!  We all love those one coat wonders!  Harlow was easy to use, self-leveling, and I had no trouble with it dragging or drying too quickly.

Zoya Matte Velvet Harlow

Since I was going to be stamping over Harlow, I topped it with KBShimmer Clearly On Top quick dry topcoat.  As you can see, you don't lose any of that metallic shimmer in Harlow when topcoated.  If anything it gives the shimmer a bit more depth.

One coat of Zoya Harlow with topcoat 

Zoya Harlow topped with shiny topcoat to show shimmer

I stamped over Zoya Harlow with MPolish Sliver Of Hope, which was limited edition and unfortunately no longer available for sale.  But half of the proceeds from the duo Sliver of Hope was a part of were donated to a great cause!  I used a plate from my Cici&Sisi collection for the stamping.  I topped everything with another coat of KBShimmer Clearly On Top topcoat.  I like how this turned out!


MPolish Sliver of Hope stamped over Zoya Harlow

Are you a Zoya Matte Velvet fan?  Which one is your favorite?  Personally, I really like this entire collection, but I love Savita and Veruschka the best.

34 comments:

  1. I love the matte velvets, Dovima is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dovima is beautiful! So much more than just a matte black!

      Delete
  2. I so agree with telling Mother Nature off lol. But love this polish xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahaha. Right?!? And now it's suffocatingly humid! Whatever happened to Spring?!? ;-)

      Delete
  3. I love the Zoya Velvet collection! And I'm totally fine if spring wants to stay cool - no air conditioning is good by me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I love having the windows open. So refreshing!

      Delete
  4. I love this Zoya collection so much and Harlow is one of my favorites! Lovely swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful mani! Harlow is GORGEOUS! I don't have any Zoya polishes, they aren't freely available here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wish they were for you, I really love all of the Zoyas in my collection!

      Delete
  6. Stunning shade and your stamping is so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Anita! I appreciate your kind remarks!

      Delete
  7. I am a huge Matte Velvet fan. Veruschka is my favorite. I like her matte, but with topcoat she has such an amazing shimmer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely mani!! Harlow is definitely one of my favorites from Zoya MatteVelvets. It's hard to not love all of them though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Savita is my favorite matte velvet! Let's hope zoya does more of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I really would love to get my hands on the older bright ones (Mitzi especially!) even though I hear the formulas are terrible, lol.

      Delete
  10. Damn, I need some of your weather!! It's hotter than Hades where I live!! I love this though, so pretty with the stamping and I hope it warms up for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it did.... lol. With a vengeance. Seriously, where tf is Spring?!? And thank you!

      Delete
  11. That's a beautiful color and mani! I don't own any matte velvets, perhaps I should!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I highly recommend the matte velvets!

      Delete
  12. Loved the way teamed up Harlow with silver stamping, this shade looks gorgeous in Matte as well as glossy finish.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Zoya Velvets are my fav! I love Harlow with top coat :)
    Xoxo, Nyx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Harlow is a favorite of mine and this is just incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the color combination, definitely one of my favorite polishes from Zoya.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They really made a great collection with the matte velvets!

      Delete
  16. One of my fav zoyas, love this look

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik