Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Takko Lacquer Snow Bunny with MPolish Stamping

Another relatively quick post for you today.  Sorry I haven't been as active lately, blah blah personal stuff, blah blah it doesn't really matter because I have four manis to catch up on blogging about and these polishes are so beautiful!

takko-lacquer-snow-bunny
MPolish Mother's Day Duo over Takko Lacquer Snow Bunny



I've already posted a mani with MPolish's latest stunners, Annette and Sliver of Hope from the Mama Loves Polish duo.  These polishes are just so amazing that I couldn't help but use them again!  Again, this polish was designed specifically for a friend of ours that is raising money for Breast Cancer Awareness!  And 50% of all proceeds from this duo set will be donated to charity!

L-R: Qtica base, OPI Nail Envy, Takko Lacquer Snow Bunny, Essie No Place Like Chrome, MPolish prototype, MPolish Annette, MPolish Sliver of Hope, Essie Good to Go topcoat

Okay, so let's start with the base.  I started out with a coat of Qtica Natural Nail Growth Stimulator (still hoping to quickly grow out this nubbin of a middle finger!) and a coat of OPI Nail Envy.  I used two easy, amazing coats of Takko Lacquer Snow Bunny thermal polish.  Snow Bunny is a beautiful icy blue laced with a healthy dose of silver shimmer, and it changes to a lighter white-blue when warm.  The change is not significant but beautiful nonetheless.  The formula is perfect, doesn't flood your cuticles, and no staining!  I did have some shimmer on my skin even after cleanup, but nothing too crazy.

I used a coat of Essie No Place Like Chrome as an undie on my middle fingers.  Hold your hats (bahaha that image just made me chuckle out loud), you'll see a fantastic topper in a second....

takko-lacquer-snow-bunny
Takko Lacquer Snow Bunny, two coats no topcoat

BAM.  Two coats of an MPolish platinum shard flakies polish.  Oh... My... Gawd.  I've had my eye on several other brands with polishes similar to this (such as Cirque Mirror Mirror).  I love this one more.  Other than the awkward mini brush (seriously, I don't know how my ridiculously enormous man hands don't crush these mini polishes when I pick them up), this prototype is amazing and I hope Megs makes more.  Maaayyyyyyybe sometime during the holidays.  *fingers and toes crossed*

Anyway, I won't go on about this prototype until it's actually available, but it was very easy to work with and the shards all laid flat on my nail and I used one coat of Essie Good to Go topcoat (only because I was patiently awaiting my order of more KBShimmer Clearly On Top topcoat!!) for a smooth, non-textured surface.

mpolish
Takko Lacquer Snow Bunny, two coats topped with Clearly On Top topcoat

Yep, threw in a macro.  I couldn't help myself.  LOOK!

Macro of MPolish prototype, WOW!!

I stamped over Takko Lacquer Snow Bunny using my new Creative Shop stamper and Uber Chic Beauty plate 1-03.  MPolish Annette is on my index and pinky fingers, and MPolish Sliver of Hope is on my thumb and ring finger.

mpolish-duo
Darn glare!

I'm still so impressed with these Uber Chic plates and this CS stamper!  They just work so great together!  Check out the detail on my thumb!

Macro of thumb

I decided to matte this mani a couple days later since I couldn't get a good shot without all that glare.  I figured matte polish would solve this issue.  It did not.  Lol.  These MPolishes have so much gorgeous shimmer in them that was just begging to shine.  So I ended up topping them again with another coat of topcoat.  But here's a matte shot just for shiggles.

mpolish
Takko Lacquer Snow Bunny and MPolish Annette and Sliver of Hope, matted with Zoya Matte Velvet topcoat


Are you ready for Spring?  I'm on the East Coast and so ready for my favorite season.  I just need some warmth in my life!

17 comments:

  1. I'm more than ready for Spring - Phoenix skipped it and went to summer :( This mani is sooooo lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no!! I love a good Spring season. Thank you so much!!

      Delete
  2. Stunning. I hate mini bottles, I feel like a giant and I can never get the polish to look ok when using them. Size makes a difference, at least in polishing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous mani. Its definitely lovely spring time here but then again I live in Cali where it's nice almost all year long. :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! We had a taste of spring here in Kentucky, but now it's going to be down in the 20's again this weekend. UGH

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ermagerd that prototype. I neeeeeeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super pretty! This is such a nice combo of stamping and flakies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That M Polish is amazing! I think this is such a pretty look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to get my hands on some of that M Polish. I love this look, too, everything coordinated really well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am totes ready for spring! Except it is Autumn here :( I really love these MPolishes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful nail art. I really want to try Takko one day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute mani. I need some M polish for my stamping needs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That Takko and that MPolish are amazing together!

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik