Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Christmas Tree Mani with Nail Vinyls


I had been inspired by all of the beautiful white and gold Christmas manis I've been seeing, so I did one myself!  And I decided to throw in the red and pearl white chevron that I was doing for that one mani... you know, the effed up one with the upside down Santa.  *eyeroll*

Anyway, here are some festive nails for you (albeit after the holiday) with more pics and info after the jump!  Click the Read More link to see more!

Christmas Tree mani using nail vinyls



I'm also using a new watermark app called Phonto.  I like it so far.  What do you think of my new watermark?  Is it too vanilla?  Should I use a different font?  Trying to keep it similar to my blog posts.

L-R: OPI Nail Envy base, OPI Alpine Snow, Orly Star Spangled, Zoya Jolie,
OPI Love Angel Music Baby, KBShimmer Clearly on Top quick dry topcoat

I started with Orly Star Spangled on my thumb, and OPI Alpine Snow on the rest with Zoya Jolie on top on my index and pinky fingers.

Orly Star Spangled

Star Spangled is such a gorgeous sparkly red!  Check out that shimmer!!

Next, after I topped all of my nails with a coat of NYC Grand Central Station quick dry polish, I used my nail vinyls from Glam My Mani to outline my trees on my middle and ring fingers.  Seriously, awesome nail vinyls.  I bought this sheet of holiday nail vinyls on Thanksgiving from her site: www.glammymani.com.

Christmas Nail Vinyls, Zoya Jolie polish on my index
and pinky fingers over OPI Alpine Snow

I used OPI L.A.M.B for my trees.  Another stunning polish!

OPI Love Angel Music Baby with nail vinyls

Then I used my regular chevrons (also from Glam My Mani) on my index and pinky fingers.  I laid them down, then polished over top with Orly Star Spangled, then while they were still wet I pulled them up with some needle nosed tweezers.

Chevron Nail Vinyls from Glam My Mani



For a finishing touch I added some embellishments to my tree as ornaments.  And of course a star on the top of the tree!

holiday-nail-art


I purchased the embellishments from Sally's Beauty Supply store.  They had some charms too that I still want to use.  They are super cute!



So that's it for my gaudy awesome Christmas tree nails!!  They clashed with my blinking nosed Rudolph ugly Christmas sweater just fabulously.

Do you participate in the fun that is ugly Christmas sweaters?  The gaudier the better, right?  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik