Tuesday, December 23, 2014

KBShimmer Christmas Mani


Next up is my all-KBShimmer-polishes Christmas mani.

I am seriously in love with Christy's polish line.  The formulas are all so easy to work with and they wear very well.  Even her glitter bombs are fantastic!

More pics and info after the jump, just click the Read More link below.

christmas-mani
KBShimmer Christmas Mani



Sorry for the quick posts.  Or maybe that's what you prefer?!?  So yeah, I can't say enough good things about KBShimmer polish.  This is my first indie brand polish and I love love it!  I wish I would have pulled the trigger earlier.  You can find her at www.kbshimmer.com.

L-R: Yellow Stopper, KBShimmer Holly Back Girl, KBShimmer Leaf of Faith,
KBShimmer Green Hex and Glam, KBShimmer Clearly On Top

This mani is using all KBShimmer polishes, except for the base coat.  With the glitter bombs, I was looking for easy removal.  I also wanted to get through a few Christmas manis in a relatively short period of time (since I only get one or two nights a week to do my nails), so I figured this would be a perfect time to test out my Yellow Stopper as a peel-off base coat.

kbshimmer-polish
KBShimmer Holly Back Girl

For my base, I laid down three coats of KBShimmer Holly Back Girl over one coat of Yellow Stopper.  This is an awesome white crelly with metallic green and red glitters of various sizes.  This is a perfect Christmas polish, and was so easy to work with.  I did not use a base under it, just three coats and it was opaque.

kbshimmer-polish
KBShimmer Green Hex and Glam

I used KBShimmer Green Hex and Glam on my index finger.  Again, awesome polish to work with.  This is a green jelly packed with holo glitters ranging from micro to large hex size.  The larger glitters were a bit hard to get, but not impossible.  Flipping the polish upside down in a shot glass for a few minutes solved my problem.

kbshimmer-polish
KBShimmer Leaf Of Faith

That is KBShimmer Leaf of Faith on my pinky.  It's similar to Green Hex and Glam in that it's a jelly packed with various sizes of glitter, but this is a red jelly packed with orange, red, and holo glitter.

kbshimmer-topcoat
KBShimmer Clearly On Top topcoat

I didn't show it, but I used my Glam My Mani straight nail vinyls for the lines of this mani.  I used two of them so I could keep my lines as straight as possible.  Then I used KBShimmer Green Hex and Glam and KBShimmer Leaf of Faith for the lines.



Who's ready for Christmas??  THIS GIRL!



2 comments:

  1. I love Holly Back Girl, but it had to go on my wishlist, maybe for next year. All of KBShimmer polishes are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm slowly finding out just how much I like my KBShimmers. All formulas have been awesome to work with!

      Delete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik