Friday, September 5, 2014

MoYou London Stamping Contest - Day 5: Blue

Oh, I have a funny story for you with this mani.  Of course, it involved a bottle of red wine....  Yep, a bottle.


MoYou London Stamping with Suki and Sailor



I started out with this fab idea.  Well, it wasn't my fab idea, I can't take credit for it.  My coworker again came up with this great plan.  Blue Man Group nails.  We went through my plates and discovered I didn't really have any eyes that would work, but I did have some bubbles......  Of course I could make those work for eyes!

Maybe Butter London Keks (?) and China Glaze Fairy Dust
on pinky and thumb

I think (think.....) that blue color I used was Butter London Keks.  I think...  It's all a bit fuzzy.  I will say I have a MoYou London stamping plate that needs some TLC bc it's still a bit covered in blue polish...  I don't know how that happened.


I think this was the point that I scolded my friend and said she needs to draw what she has in mind versus what I was thinking.  I texted her the above pic and she replied with, "Uh, yeah, not where I was going with that design.  But hey, they sing, right?  You should give them mouths."

At this point I should note, she was also enjoying some cocktails.  While I was doing some cocknails.  Oh, the hilarity that ensued!


Yep.  That's what I ended up with.  Singing blue men on my nails.  And THIS.... this is why I don't freehand nail art.


Mani with flash


Oh, and just to note, the waves on my pinky and thumb were "Sound Waves," stamped with Color Club Williamsburg over ChG Fairy Dust using MoYou London Sailor 05 plate.

So I took the singing blue men off my nails in a frustrated (albeit drunken) rage, and slapped some Fairy Dust on those nails and stamped with my Suki 07 plate using Color Club Williamsburg.





Fairy Dust all the things, right?!?

(This awesome image was provided from The Mercurial Magpie's blog.  Check out her page!!  Support other bloggers!)




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik