Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Simple Pink Mani with a Twist

Last one for today, and I'm all caught up!

So, I felt like I really needed a palette cleanser after all the crazy MoYou London manis.  I still can't seem to put my MoYou London plates away just yet though.  ;-)  You can see more pics of this mani by clicking on the "Read More" link below!




I picked out my Fresh Paint Pinkapalooza (this is a jelly/crelly polish).  This is a nice, sweet baby pink.  I used two coats on my nails over a coat of OPI Nail Envy.  It was pretty easy to work with for a jelly.  I think it is a great polish to wear by itself for a simple and delicate look.  Even with VNL I think it's beautiful.

fresh-paint-pinkapalooza-swatch
Fresh Paint Pinkapalooza


I still felt the need to put a little sparkle in this mani.  I used two coats of Funky Fingers Sand and Stilettos on my pinky.  This is great full coverage for a glitter!  I will say it was a little thick, so a bit tough to work with, but nothing a little polish thinner can't fix.  It also has a great color, almost a pink tone to it, and certainly tons of sparkle!

funky-fingers-sand-and-stilettos-swatch
Funky Fingers Sand and Stilettos

This polish has an awesome scattered holo effect.  It's so pretty when it catches the light (and it catches it A LOT!!)

Blurry pic to show the holo in Funky Fingers Sand and Stilettos


I wanted to use Zoya Monet in a jelly sandwich but the pigment in Pinkapalooza is a little rich.  If used with a sheerer jelly (like Zoya Paloma) I think it would have worked out well.

One coat of Zoya Monet over Fresh Paint Pinkapalooza


I double stamped with OPI Love.Angel.Music.Baby and Essie Sable Collar on my middle and ring fingers using MoYou London The Pro Plate 12.  The OPI LAMB is so subtle you can't really even make out the stamp.  I think that would have been better over a dark color.




So, it's a little more than I meant to do, but who doesn't need a little glitter in their life?!?  I promise, I'm keeping this mani on for as long as it lasts until it chips.  (really, I mean it, I'm really going to try, lol)



And I took pics with a flash just to see if I could get the gold stamping to show up.  I couldn't really, but I did get an interesting effect from Zoya Monet.  Check out the colors in the glitter!



Thanks for checking out my blog and following along with my nail polish adventures!

conga-line


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik