Wednesday, September 3, 2014

MoYou London Stamping Contest - Day 3: Yellow

Yellow.  Thankfully my friend was involved in coming up with this super awesome idea.  I thought I lacked the skills to make it happen, but it came out better and worse than I expected.  How's that you say?  Eh, I'm my own worst critic.






So the idea presented to me was a dragon stamped on my nails with shades of red and gold in him.  I felt like I just couldn't get the positioning right, and I went through several restamps, but overall I think it came out.  Just don't look at them too closely.  Or for too long.  You know what, just glance at them and keep scrolling.  ;-)

OPI Nail Envy, Butter London Pimms, Butter London Scuppered, Essie Licorice, Zoya Sooki, Zoya Kerry, HK Glisten and Glow topcoat

I figured since my MoYou London Suki 07 plate was brand spanking new, I would take a couple pics of it before dirtying it up.  I've also included the dragon image I used.


moyou-london-suki-07
MoYou London Suki 07 plate

moyou-london-stamping-plate
Dragon image on MoYou London Suki 07 plate


I started my base with one coat OPI Nail Envy and two coats of Butter London Pimms.  This is a great yellow, very easy to work with and no staining!



butter-london-pimms-swatch
Butter London Pimms, two coats no topcoat
 
butter-london-pimms-swatch
Butter London Pimms

After I laid my base down, I started on my dragon.  A little lead lighting, a little advanced stamping, both using Zoya Sooki and Butter London Scuppered.  I'll add a swatch of Scuppered at the end of this post, just for shiggles.  :-p



moyou-london-plate-suki
Advanced Stamping with MoYou London plate Suki 07

 I realized afterwards that I missed his snout and tongue, which kind of makes the dragon if you ask me.  Aaaaaaand then I had a bit of a stamping fail.  Oops.  Luckily it came off fairly easy using a bit of scotch tape and I restamped it.


Stamping oops...

 Then I went to work on the rest of his body.  Just regular stamping for these two, I went back and filled in the lines over the stamp with some color using Sooki and Scuppered.


moyou-london-plate-suki
MoYou London plate Suki 07
 


Lead light stamping with MoYou London plate Suki 07

 And here's the finished product!



This was one of those stamping processes where I felt awful about them the entire time I was stamping, even had to sleep on it before I was okay with them.  But I think he looks pretty neat.  I continued the rest of his body (sort of) on the other hand, using the same techniques as above.



moyou-london-plate-suki
MoYou London plate Suki 07

As promised, here is a swatch of Butter London Scuppered.  I left it on my thumb because I really like the green glitter in the bronze polish, especially when it caught the light.

butter-london-scuppered-swatch
Butter London Scuppered swatch


Are you a fan of Butter London polishes?  What is your "must-have" BL polish pick?





No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik