Thursday, August 28, 2014

MoYou London Stamping Contest - Day 2: Orange

Well, this took longer than I expected.  Especially with an outcome that looks so simple.

My inspiration for day 2 was fireworks.

MoYou London Pro XL 12 Stamping Plate


These look nothing like fireworks, you say?



Yeah, I know, but my original idea went to shit pretty quickly.  Lol

That would be a NAIL FAIL.

Let's start from the beginning.

Orly Melt Your Popsicle, Zoya Alma, OPI Alpine Snow

Oh, hey, I have a ton of orange polishes!  Let's narrow it down to just a few.  I picked out Orly Melt Your Popsicle as a base, China Glaze Pool Party for a little pop of color at the tip in a gradient, Zoya Alma for some sparklies, Zoya Dhara Pixie Dust for stamping on top, Essie Licorice and OPI Alpine Snow for stamping depth, and Zoya Bar for accents on the fireworks.

orly-melt-your-popsicle
One coat of Orly Melt Your Popsicle

I tried to keep it simple.  One coat of Orly Melt Your Popsicle since it was being topped with Zoya Alma.  Simple enough.  Gradient on ring finger of China Glaze Pool Party for a pop of color.

zoya-alma
One coat of Orly Melt Your Popsicle topped with
one coat of Zoya Alma

Okay, Pool Party isn't really popping too much.  Oh well, moving on.  I stamped the white and black images using MoYou London Pro XL plate 12.  I tried stamping Zoya Dhara but it was too similar and got lost over the white/orange.  Tried stamping next with Pool Party since it was a bit of a different color.  Another fail.  Okay, let's just keep trying new things.


I tried accenting the stamps with Zoya Bar.  Nope, not happening.  Okay, now my right hand is a mess.  I'll just stamp the "fireworks" in white on my left hand and call it a day.





Whatever, fine, they're not fireworks, but they're still pretty.  Right?  RIGHT?!?

I removed the mess on my right hand and matched what was on my left.  Funny thing though, I only have two of each color in each shape of gems.  Soooo, different gems on different hands.  As long as they are not together, it all works.  Is that just the alcohol talking?  *shrugs*






Do you think I'm crazy for doing my nails seven days in a row for this contest?



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik