Monday, August 25, 2014

Neon Lines Mani

Don't drink and paint!  Lol
Unless you like to throw caution to the wind.  =)




Oh, I had quite a night.  Well, I had quite a weekend.  The kind where you can't wait for Monday to come.  I'll spare you the deets, but let's just say I was disappointed so how better to brighten my spirits??
Beer and nail polish!

My beer of choice last night was Victory Brewing Co Summer Love Ale.  
Philly represent!  (hehe)
It's a little hoppy for my liking, but after the first two, I didn't quite mind the second two.

I was frustrated that my nails were all different lengths, so what better way to fix that than to chop 'em all off.  Gave the toddler a bath, brought him downstairs for some TV time (I'm a horrible parent, what can I say?)  ;-) and clipped my nails.  Filed 'em down, took my old polish off, buffed the tips a bit, then it was time to put the wee one down for bed.

I had 15 mins before the True Blood series finale (hey Truebies... thoughts on last night's episode?  All I'll say is seriously???), so I had just enough time to get my base down.  Two coats of OPI Nail Envy, two coats of OPI Alpine Snow, and one coat of HK Girl Glisten and Glow quick dry topcoat.  Sorry, I have no process pics for you.  But Alpine Snow is a great polish to work with IMHO.  I got downstairs with minutes to spare.

After the finale I quickly ran upstairs to finish this line mani.  I grabbed the OPI Neon Collection minis and my China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise.  I also used Essie Licorice for my black lines.  I used my medium nail striper brush and dipped it right in the bottles, then cleaned it in acetone after each color.  I placed nail gems on my middle and ring fingers with nail glue, then topped all nails with another coat of HK Girl G&G topcoat.  





This design was inspired by @OliviaJade19 on IG.  Looks like she used a thinner striping brush.  I need to buy some brushes to cut down to my liking.  What are your favorite brushes to customize?


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik