Friday, August 15, 2014

IG Mani Swap and Untried Blue Polish

Hello!  I was contacted on IG by a follower asking to participate in a mani swap.  Since I love swaps, how could I say no!  I've been waiting to post these, but my impatience is getting the best of me.  I'll update with her part of the swap when she sends it! (updated!)

Solo shot of my mani swap

So I've been participating in our BHB Mani Swaps and posting them on my nailstagram (Follow Me! @dancers_polished_life).  I was contacted by Lola (@lol_nails1) a week ago asking to do one with her.  Color me surprised!  I was excited to do my first swap with a follower.  

I scanned through her manis and saw so many I was interested in recreating.  Finally picked one and this is what I ended up with!

@lol_nails1 Original on left; my recreation on right

According to her comments on her feed, it sounds like she's pretty busy with making videos about her manis and has a few other swaps lined up with other people, so here I patiently (not-so-patiently, lol) wait for Lola's recreation.

OPI Nail Envy, OPI My Vampire is Buff, Essie Licorice,
Sinful Colors Love Nails, Essie Aruba Blue, Seche Vite


I used OPI Nail Envy for my base coat (2 coats), then one coat of OPI My Vampire is Buff on all my nails.  I freehanded the stripes and used my dotting tool for my dots using Essie Licorice.  

Sinful Colors Love Nails


Then I freehand painted the blues using Sinful Colors Love Nails (found an untried surprise here!) and Essie Aruba Blue.  

Sinful Colors Love Nails Swatch, two coats
over one coat OPI My Vampire is Buff no top coat

I also found I need a good medium blue in my collection!  All nails are topped in a coat of Seche Vite.

Mani in full artificial light

Mani in shadow artificial light

Mani in shadows in artificial light

Mani in full artificial light

Lola sent me her recreation, so here is the collage of the full mani swap!
Originals on left, recreations on right.

Mani Swap with @lol_nails1



What's your favorite medium blue polish?  I also need some indies in my life!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik