Tuesday, September 9, 2014

MoYou London Stamping Contest - Day 8: Rainbow

Final (added) day of the MoYou London Rainbow Contest: Rainbow!  I was inspired to do a "Rainbow After the Storm" for this mani.

MoYou London Artist plate 10




I am thankful that I was able to participate in every day of the MoYou London Rainbow Contest.  It was a challenge, that's for sure.  Not only to find the time in my busy life to do it, but it was also a challenge to keep my poor cuticles and nails in shape after all that polish remover!  ;-)  Bravo to all the winners in this fab competition!

The challenge for this day was to use all seven colors of the contest.  I used an array of brands to achieve the idea I had in mind.

L-R: Zoya Yuna, Zoya Sooki, OPI Juice Bar Hopping (mini), Butter London Pimms,
OPI Gargantuan Green Grape, Essie Bikini So Teeny, Essie Sittin' Pretty, Essie Fiji, Zoya Tomoko

I started out with a base of 2 coats of OPI Alpine Snow (two coats of Zoya Yuna on my thumb and two coats of Zoya Tomoko on my pinky).


OPI Alpine Snow, Zoya Yuna, Zoya Tomoko

The gold/copper glimmer in Yuna kept catching my eye, so I took a closeup of it.  Look at that gorgeousness!  I can't wait to wear a full mani of this color in the fall.


zoya-yuna-closeup
Zoya Yuna closeup, two coats topped with one coat of HK GIrl Glisten & Glow topcoat

For my rainbow, I chose to do a dry brush gradient across my nails.  I started with the outside colors, then did the middle color to blend it together.


Dry Brush  Gradient Technique


Dry Brush Gradient Technique on Cinderella Hand

I stamped some coin-looking things on my pinky using Essie Licorice with MoYou London Fairy Tale plate 06.  I was going for gold coins in a pot o' gold.  So cliche, I know I know...


MoYou London Fairy Tale plate 06

I made a decal for my index finger right on my stamper.  I picked up the image (stamped with Essie Licorice and MoYou London Artist plate 10), then colored in the birds using Essie Penny Talk.  Once that dried (maybe 30 seconds) I brushed a layer of HK Girl G&G topcoat on just the colored birds and some surrounding dots to make the decal.



I peeled it off the stamper (maybe 3 mins later) and positioned it on my index nail over a tacky coat of HK Girl G&G.  I cleaned up the edges with acetone and my cleanup brush.  I also stamped my thumb using Essie Penny Talk and the same Artist plate using the clouds image to create my "storm."






MoYou London Rainbow Stamping Contest 2014


MoYou London Rainbow Stamping Contest 2014

What do you think?  Are you a fan of themed manis?




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik