Thursday, November 20, 2014

BHB Mani Swap - November


I love mani swaps!

They are such a great source of inspiration when it's lacking within.  My BHB Mani Swap this time was with @color_obsessed30.  She has a lot of fun manis, you should check her account out!

Here is a shot of the mani swaps.  Originals on left, recreations on right, mine are top right and bottom left.  More pics and info about my mani after the jump.  Click that "Read More" link down below!

BHB Mani Swap: Originals on left, recreations on right



So J's pink gradient mani caught my eye, and I've actually had one on my to-do list for a while.  This was the perfect opportunity for me.  I didn't have the plate she had, so I just picked something that I thought worked well with the color scheme.  I am happy with it.


L-R: OPI Nail Envy, OPI My Vampire Is Buff, Zoya Dawn, SOPI Screen Test,
Sinful Colors Black on Black, Seche Vite


For this I pulled out an old polish I've had for years, SOPI Screen Test.  Back before I became interested in nail art, I was drawn to mostly dark and vampy pinks.  Now I have all colors of the rainbow, lol.  

Sephora by OPI Screen Test

 Anyway, I used one coat of OPI Nail Envy for the base, one coat of OPI My Vampire is Buff, then the gradient consisted of OPI MVIB, Zoya Dawn, and SOPI Screen Test.  I then topped it with Seche Vite quick dry topcoat.  I really truly need to work on my gradients more....



I used a latex sponge for my gradient, and dabbed on all three colors, but I'm not getting the effect I want.  I want to do pretty, perfect gradients like the pros!!  ;-)  Practice makes better, right?


I stamped using my Cici&Sisi plate 05 with the stamper that comes with the set.  Am I a broken record yet?  I just can't put these plates away!  They are seriously awesome!

Cici&Sisi stamping plate 05 from jumbo set 1

I used Sinful Colors Black on Black for the stamp.  For a cheap polish it stamps pretty well without being patchy.












Are you a fan of mani swaps?  If so, hit me up on IG @dancers_polished_life if you'd be interested in doing one!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik