Sunday, November 16, 2014

Green And Copper Stamped Mani

Good morning!

Today I have a few posts (hopefully, if the toddler cooperates) for you.  Let's start with this green and copper stamped mani.  I wanted to use my green Zoya Matte Velvet called Veruschka since it caught my eye on a few fellow nail friends lately.  More pics (including Veruschka swatched) and info after the jump, just click Read More down below!



zoya-veruschka
Zoya Veruschka Matte Velvet Polish


As you can see, Zoya Veruschka is a stunning forest green that dries to a special smooth matte finish.  This is two coats over a coat of OPI Nail Envy base coat.

zoya-veruschka
Zoya Veruschka - two coats no topcoat

 This polish says not to use a base or topcoat, but I prefer all my manis to have a base coat, plus OPI Nail Envy seems to have done wonders for my nails so far.  I've been using it for 22 weeks now (holy cow, that long already?!?) since I stopped using SOG polish to help improve the state of my natural nails.  They feel stronger, have (mostly) stopped peeling, and seem very smooth and healthy.  I also take Biotin, but I have been taking that for almost 6 years now.

zoya-veruschka
Zoya Veruschka - two coats over OPI Nail Envy base, no topcoat


zoya-veruschka
Zoya Veruschka Matte Velvet Collection

So to bring out the gorgeous microshimmer in this polish, I topcoated with a coat of Seche Vite quick dry topcoat.  You can see how it brings out the depth of this polish.

zoya-veruschka
Zoya Veruschka - two coats with one coat Seche Vite topcoat


zoya-veruschka
Zoya Veruschka Matte Velvet Collection - two coats with one coat Seche Vite topcoat

For my stamping, I used Cici&Sisi plate 04 for the pattern.  I cannot say enough good things about these sets.  They are etched so well and the stampers they come with work perfectly with the images.  I tossed the metal scraper they came with and use my BPS plastic scraper so I don't damage these plates.


ciciandsisi
Cici&Sisi stamping plate 04

I pulled out my go-to metallics for stamping, this time in Essie Penny Talk.  I seriously love these polishes for stamping, they are flawless.  Any imperfections you see below are all user error.  That happens when I try to work quickly.  You don't need to leave the top off any of the Essie metallics so they thicken for stamping, they are truly perfect the minute you open the bottle.

Zoya Veruschka matte velvet stamped with Essie Penny Talk



So, uh, yeah, that middle finger there...  I knew it happened before I even lifted the stamper.  Bah.  I accidentally twisted it the teeniest bit when I placed the stamp on my nail.  Complete user error.




I figured I'd switch up the image on my thumb, just for shiggles.  I really like that rose image, it's really simple but elegant.




 What's your favorite non-stamping polish for stamping?







No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik