Friday, November 21, 2014

Favorite Drink Mani Challenge


I took part in a weekly challenge, which was a mani inspired by my favorite drink.  I chose this idea over doing a margarita mani, really only because I felt this mani embodied our current weather situation much better.  It just looks comfy and cozy to me!

My favorite drink (non-alcoholic) is COFFEE!  I don't know how I would get through the day without it.  And I don't want to find out.

More pics and info after the jump.  Click the "Read More" link below!






Essie Master Plan, two coats with one coat Seche Vite topcoat


I started with a base of Essie Master Plan, which you can see above in two coats and topped with Seche Vite.  This formula was a little weird, but that could totally have been user error because I didn't swipe my nails with alcohol or acetone before starting this mani.  The polish didn't spread right and I had to use thick coats.  But it was worth it because I think that's a beautiful shade of taupe.



Cici&Sisi Jumbo Set 2 stamping plates

I just got the Cici&Sisi jumbo set 2, and honestly, if I had more time, I'd swatch every image on the plates.  I would love to even just get them on a piece of paper, but I just don't have it in me.  I am enthralled with the Cici&Sisi sets.  I will probably own them all at some point.  For $30, that's a steal for everything that you get.


First stamped image with Cici&Sisi plate 10
and the squishy firm stamper that came with the set

I used the "Coffee" wording image on my middle fingers and stamped with Zoya Codie, which is a really dark rich brown.  Stamped, it almost looks like the other polish I used in this mani.


Other stamped image from Cici&Sisi plate 10

For my other stamp I used the coffee bean image.

Now come on... is it just the 12-year-old boy in me that sees vaginas??  Lol




I used my single chevron nail vinyls from Glam My Mani for my thumb, index, and pinky fingers.  I still need to work on my spacing, but WOW are these nail vinyls easy to use!  Soooo much better than fighting with striping tape.



The darker polish on my single chevron nails is Essie Power Clutch, which gives an overall sweater feel to this mani.  It's a gorgeous dark gray with a bit of a brown undertone.  I really wanted to matte these, but ran out of time.




So, these are my coffee nails inspired by my favorite drink.  What's your favorite drink?


And I know I've linked these before, but here is a link again to the Cici&Sisi stamping set I used:


Cici&Sisi stamping plates jumbo set 2, also available on Cici&Sisi's website www.ciciandsisi.com

And a link to the site where you can buy nail vinyls:




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik