Monday, November 10, 2014

Spiders/Webs Mani - BHB Spooktober Mani Challenge: Day 27


Day 27 for BHBSpooktober is Spiders and Webs.  Here is a pic heavy post for you about my spiderweb mani, including a review of one of my new Cult polishes!  Whoop whoop!  More pics and info after the jump, just click on the "Read More" link below.

Spider/Webs Mani for Day 27 of the BHBSpooktober Challenge



Pics inc!

L-R: OPI Nail Envy, Cult Cosmetics Laurel Canyon, Zoya Loredana,
Essie For The Twill Of It, Sinful Colors Black on Black, Seche Vite

So my polishes used for this mani included some recent nail mail from Cult Cosmetics!  They ran a great B1G2 Free deal and who can pass up two free polishes?  Not me, that's for damn sure.  It seems they run deals all the time and their polishes are pretty good (they wear fabulously too).  I would urge you to take a look at their website, even just to peruse.  ;-)  You can do so at cultcosmetics.com.  I've included a link directly to Laurel Canyon on their site at the end of this post.

cult-laurel-canyon-nail-polish
Cult Cosmetics Laurel Canyon polish and brush

As you can see, Cult polishes are pretty large and they have a decent-sized brush (I know, I know, I couldn't get my camera to focus on the brush... after 20 pics in a row I gave up).  The only gripe I have with their design is that the cap is so big and square, it's hard to see around it while painting smaller nails, like my pinky.  Other than that the formula was amazing.  Smooth, self-leveling, could have been a one-coater but I prefer two.

cult-cosmetics-laurel-canyon-nail-polish
Two coats no topcoat, Cult Laurel Canyon and Zoya Loredana.

cult-cosmetics-laurel-canyon-nail-polish
Two coats no topcoat, Cult Laurel Canyon and Zoya Loredana


After I used two coats of each polish (Cult Laurel Canyon and Zoya Matte Velvets Loredana) over one coat of OPI Nail Envy, I topcoated with one coat of Seche Vite quick dry topcoat.

zoya-loredana-matte-velvet
Artificial light, with one coat of Seche Vite quick dry topcoat

I love the microshimmer that comes out when you topcoat the Zoya Matte Velvets.

zoya-loredana-matte-velvet
Artificial light, with one coat of Seche Vite quick dry topcoat


Laurel Canyon is seriously just the most gorgeous shade of red.  I could wear it all the time.  It's a little metallic, a little vampy, kind of understated and not really in-your-face-loud.

CICI&SISI Plate 01 - spiderweb image used for this mani
 I stamped the thicker webs with Essie For the Twill of It using my Cici&Sisi plates (go buy all of them now... there are four sets and several other plates available on their site or through Amazon... I'll link at the end of this post) and my Cici&Sisi stamper that came with the set.

Bundle Monster Plate 013 - used for spider in this mani


I still curse my Bundle Monster plates every time I stamp with them.  They are not etched very well, so it's easy to scrape all of the polish out without even trying.  It took me awhile to actually get usable stamps from this plate.  Complete opposite of the Cici&Sisi plates.

Stamped with Essie For the Twill Of It and Sinful Colors Black on Black

Chevron and thinner webs stamped with Bundle Monster plates and Essie No Place Like Chrome

Add caption


I had chevron stamped on my middle finger of my right hand as well, but it came out so wonky and I was just so frustrated by this point that I painted right over it with another coat of Zoya Loredana.  For a split second I thought about removing all the polish from that finger and starting over, but I quickly pushed that thought out of my head.  Too.  Much.  Work.



I thought there was enough going on with this hand anyway that I could sport a plain nail, lol.  Oh, and that's my deteriorating spiderweb on my thumb... yeah, that wasn't planned but shhhhh... no one has to know.


So I ran out of time to finish the BHBSpooktober Challenge and never got to Day 31.  :-(  But I did get to do all the rest!  I call that a win.

Anyway, you can find Cici&Sisi products on Amazon, or now you can actually purchase directly from their site at ciciandsisi.com.  I have Jumbo Set 1 and 2 and can't say enough good things about them.  Now if only they'd include a plastic scraper instead of metal...


Cici&Sisi Set 1 on Amazon
Cici&Sisi Set 1 on ciciandsisi.com
Laurel Canyon on cultcosmetics.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik