Monday, April 27, 2015

Dreaming of Expensive Summer Things

Hehe, trying out some new titles.  Would you rather see the polish names or something silly?  I'd love to hear your thoughts!

So, while I'm sitting here dreaming of expensive summer things, I have some bling on my nails for you to enjoy, starting with Million Dollar Dream by FUN Lacquer!  Read on for more info and pics!

lead-light-nail-art
Watermarbling over glitter and lead light nail art

I've been using Qtica Natural Nail Growth Stimulator for about 5 weeks until this point.  I don't think my nails have ever looked this healthy before!  I've been using Qtica under a coat of OPI Nail Envy and I think it is doing great things for my nail health.
All polishes purchased by me.
There is nothing to disclose.

Helloooo natural nails!

I've been dying to do another watermarble, and I've also been dying to use this stunning microglitter by FUN Lacquer.  I figured why not combine them?  The weather has been warm, the sun has been shining, so why not pull out the neons!

OPI Nail Envy, FUN Lacquer Million Dollar Dream, OPI Alpine Snow, Pipe Dream Polish 110 Degrees, PDP VIP Pass, Zoya Anchor (for watermarbling), KBShimmer Clearly On Top, Qtica, black stamping polish

I started with a base of Qtica Natural Nail Growth Stimulator and OPI Nail Envy.  I used two coats of FUN Lacquer Million Dollar Dream and was surprised at how completely opaque it was!  This polish is absolutely breathtaking and so easy to work with!  I was definitely skeptical, but never fear!  No undies needed here!  The glitter laid flat on the nail and I topped it with one coat of KBShimmer Clearly On Top quick dry topcoat to make it completely smooth.  When it came time to remove this mani, I used lint-free cotton pads and Zoya Remove+.  It took minimal time and effort to remove it, much easier than other glitter bombs.

I used two coats of OPI Alpine Snow on my ring finger as a base for stamped nail art.  I keep looking at this and seeing a tooth, lol.  Just me??  ;-)

opi-alpine-snow
FUN Lacquer Million Dollar Dream

This was my first time using liquid latex for easy cleanup.  I'm not completely sold yet.  I used one I purchased on Amazon.  I applied it with a Qtip and made sure to cover enough of my fingers so I wouldn't need to fight with the polish when cleaning up.  That was easy enough, and I was able to get pretty close to my cuticle too.  It took some time to dry, probably sometime between 5 and 10 minutes.  Removing it, however, was not fun.  It didn't just pull off in one fell swoop.  It kept coming off in little bits and it left a powdery residue on my fingers.  Nothing that makes it a deal breaker, but I think I need to work a little more with it before completely disregarding it for future use.

I used pipe dream polish 110 Degrees and VIP Pass for the watermarble, along with a lot of different clear polishes to actually achieve what I wanted, which was to still show off Million Dollar Dream between the other two colors.  I know that OPI Nail Envy works well, but I'm running out of it and couldn't get a good amount to drop in the water.  I honestly couldn't even tell you what I used for each finger, because I'm pretty sure I used a different clear for each!

What a beautiful mess!

Silly me, I was a bit shocked initially when my neons didn't pop over Million Dollar Dream!  I slowly realized I wasn't using a white base, so duh.  These pipe dreams also ended up a bit more sheer than I anticipated.  Could have been my watermarble area.  I used a small ricotta cheese container and dipped two fingers at a time, but I think if I used a shot glass the polish wouldn't spread as thin and they would have been a bit more opaque.  Lessons.  I learn 'em.  :-p

watermarble
Watermarbling and lead lighting with Pipe Dream Polish ANIVC

I stamped my ring finger with black polish and an image from Uber Chic Beauty plate 1-03.  Then I leadlighted the image by mixing my pipe dream polishes with a clear polish and dabbing them in the image.  I finished the look by dotting the flower with FUN Lacquer Million Dollar Dream.

lead-light-nail-art
Double dipped my index and middle fingers

Since I pictured this mani a little differently, I wasn't quite thrilled with the outcome.  But when I started looking at it more, I decided I really like it.  Here are a couple of close ups of my favorite marbles!


fun-lacquer-million-dollar-dream
Closeup of my thumbnail watermarble over FUN Lacquer Million Dollar Dream


fun-lacquer-million-dollar-dream
Closeup of  my index finger watermarble over FUN Lacquer Million Dollar Dream


Have you heard the new buzz?  If you were never able to get your paws on a set of PDP ANIVC polishes, don't fret!  There are now several indies out there that sell neons that watermarble perfectly.  You could take a look at indies such as In The Name Of Polish, Dashing Housewife, Girly Bits, etc.  Thanks for stopping by and reading!!

33 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I've been dying to use this image for this!

      Delete
  2. Love your marbling, a beautiful mani :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you! I couldn't decide what pattern I wanted to do in the water, lol. I'm glad it came out the way it did. =)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm already trying to decide how I'm going to use it again, lol.

      Delete
  5. Absolutely stunning! I see a tooth ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, right?!? It's a straggler tooth! ;-)

      Delete
  6. I love absolutely everything about these nails!!!! I may have to try this design!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Shawna! Go for it, I can't wait to see it!

      Delete
  7. Every single thing about this manicure is perfect! The design on your accent nail is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfection! I love everything about this mani!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sumeet! It took a bit but I ended up loving it too!

      Delete
  9. Wow, those macros are awesome! And the liquid latex I used, the Camo Coat by Celestial Cosmetics, peeled off easily in one sheet, so definitely don't give up on the idea based on the product you bought - it might not be quite right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the suggestion! I'll have to check it out!

      Delete
  10. Wow. This is perfect and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I've been ready for Spring/Summer and wanting to do a fun mani for awhile!

      Delete
  11. That marble macro is perfection! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Roselynn! It was my favorite. =)

      Delete
  12. I used that same stamp recently! I love the neons over the gold base!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Isn't it a versatile image? I love it!

      Delete
  13. I love how the glitter gives the marble dimension! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was an interesting outcome, that's for sure! I didn't expect the PDP polishes to be so sheer over the glitter, lol.

      Delete
  14. Yowza! AmAZING! I've gotta say that flower just POPS. I can't wait to get my stamping plates unpacked from our move. I have these and haven't had a chance to use them yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amanda!! I can't wait to see what you do with them!

      Delete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik