Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Bestie Twin Nails Meets The 90s

I was asked by one my best nail friends Megatuce (IG@megatuce; blog: megatuce.com) to do Bestie Twin Nails and I said absofreakinglutely!  Read on for more pics and info!

90s Inspired Bestie Twin Nails


Megs asked if I wanted to do something fun, crazy, and ridiculous and I was completely on board.  She sent me a few links, but this one really stood out to me.  Our inspiration came from SassyShelly.com (IG@sassyshelly129) and boy, I just love the look she came up with!

Inspiration Pic from Sassy Shelly (IG@sassyshelly129)
Sassy Shelly used all Zoya polishes from the Tickled collection, but I don't own any of them (shocking, since I have 80 Zoyas in my collection!!).  I had to improvise and find dupes.  I used Essie Vices Versa, Funky Fingers 220Volts, Butter London Pimms, Orly Hot Shot, Color Club Wicker Park, and Sinful Colors Black on Black.

Base colors for Bestie Twin Nails

Since I would have several layers of polish on, I just used one and a half coats of my base polishes where I knew the colors would show through.  I used Glam My Mani nail vinyls and didn't wait long enough for my base to dry, so they pulled up the polish on my pinky finger, and when I put them on my hand to make them less sticky, my polish traveled under them on my middle finger.  :-(  I did the best I could to touch it up with a nail art brush.


Mid point of BTN mani... I couldn't get my vinyls to cooperate!


I free handed the blue lines and the pink and yellow on my index finger, as well as the black swoop on my middle finger.  I used a dotting tool for my blue and pink dots.  I also just used the polish brush for the red and black on my pinky.

Solo shot of my finished BTN Mani!

I had fun doing this and seeing Meg's outcome too!  I'd say we both nailed it!  ;-)


And just on a personal note, I have found the best, most amazing people in the nail world, and mostly in one little teeny corner of the internet called Babycenter.  That's where I met Megs, and let me tell you, you would think we were the same person!  Well, except that she's a smartie smart smart and I'm over here like, ooooo sparkly nail polish!  :-p  I mean, yah, we both share a love for sparkly nail polish, but in addition to her FT job (and kids, omg, I swear she's Supermom....), Megs has taken on a love for mixing and branding her own polish too!!  It's called MPolish and will be 5-free stamping polishes (polish free of formaldehyde, dibutyl phthalate, toluene, camphor and formaldehyde resin, all potentially dangerous ingredients that could cause cancer) to start and it will be hitting her page for sale soon!!  I truly can't wait to see first-hand what Megs has been working on!

31 comments:

  1. I <3 you!! I had such a fun time doing these -- fun nails, fun friend! And thank you for the shameless plug -- I can't wait to see what YOU do with my polishes when you get your swatch box!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Such a crazy fun combo mani.. the 90s kid in me is happy dancing haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, while listening to Debbie Gibson? Or were you a Tiffany-girl? :-p Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Wow this is so great and your recreation is amazing! I haven't done twinsie nails with anyone yet but I'd sure like to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Traci! This was my first time, and will certainly be doing it again!

      Delete
  4. Love them! It's like abstract nail art!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks cute..its such a fun design..

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look so fun!! I love that y'all did an Twin Nails mani!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Iiiiiiiin West Philadelphia born and raised (well, NE Philly actually...)... LOL ;-)

      Delete
  8. Normally I <3 the 80's, but these totally make me <3 the 90's!!! What cute designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really cute! And very 90's, so good job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. aww these are so cute! And your lines did turn out pretty clean too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is adorable! You guys really nailed the design!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute! Both of you did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thats so bright, colorful and happy. Love them.Each nail has different unique pattern.

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik