Tuesday, January 6, 2015

KBShimmer Snow Way! Snowflake Mani


I'll be doing some updates and changes to the look and feel of my blog, so thank you for being patient while I figure out the ins and outs of blogging.  =)

Meanwhile, I have a swatch of another gorgeous polish from a great indie, KBShimmer Snow Way!

It's a fun sky blue crelly polish with lots of various-sized white glitter and a hint of holo microglitter.  I used it for the base of my Snowflake mani seen below.  More pics and info after the jump, just click the Read More button down below!

snow-theme-mani
Snowflake Mani using KBShimmer polish


So far, every KBShimmer polish I've encountered has been a home run!  This time it was KBShimmer Snow Way!  I picked a great time to do this mani, when it was in the 50's here in PA (ridiculous for the end of December... I know, I'm late in posting this as usual...) and snow was the last thing on our minds.  Well, now it's snowing, and I'm to blame!  (...no, not really...)

L-R: OPI Nail Envy, KBShimmer Snow Way!, Essie Aruba Blue,
 Essie No Place Like Chrome, KBShimmer Clearly On Top

I pulled out my favorite Cici&Sisi stamping plate 04 from their jumbo set 1.  I also grabbed my holiday nail vinyls from Glam My Mani because I've been itching to use those snowflake vinyls since I bought them!

cici-and-sisi
Cici&Sisi Stamping Plate 04 from Jumbo Set 1

I started with my base of one coat OPI Nail Envy, then I used three thin coats of KBShimmer Snow Way!.  I topped it with one coat of KBShimmer Clearly On Top quick dry topcoat (which I am so glad I have a backup of because it is the most awesome quick dry topcoat I've used to date!).  This polish was surprisingly easy to work with.  I thought it might be hard to get the glitter out, but it just came out each time I dipped the brush in.  It actually leaves a very smooth finish too.  The glitters lay flat and do not curl at all.  Great formula on this!!

kbshimmer-glitter-polish
KBShimmer Snow Way! - three coats with topcoat

I didn't show my steps for this mani, but basically I used the nail vinyls on my middle finger and painted Essie Aruba Blue over it and promptly peeled the vinyls off while the polish was still wet.  I used the outline of the snowflake vinyl as a stencil for my ring finger.  I put it on, painted Essie Aruba Blue inside the stencil, then peeled it right off when the polish was still wet.  Then I topped both fingers with Clearly On Top.

snowflake-mani
Mani using nail vinyls and stamping plates

I used Essie No Place Like Chrome to stamp snowflakes on my index and pinky fingers, then went one step further and double stamped my pinky with abstract snowflakes using Aruba Blue.  Aruba Blue stamps surprisingly well!


I topcoated my index and pinky fingers and went on my way!


I removed this mani three days later to paint another mani.  In those three days the polish wore extremely well.  The removal process wasn't fun, but then glitter removal never is.  I used Zoya Remove+ for removal and I had snowflake glitter herpes everywhere!  Not a huge deal, they were easy to dump in the trash at least, lol.  I just had to work for removal.  It's still an amazing polish!

Removing KBShimmer Snow Way!

The foil method doesn't work well for me since I'm not patient enough to sit with foil fingers.  I prefer to soak/scrub using these awesome lint-free cotton pads I got from Amazon.

What is your go-to method for removing glitter polish?

26 comments:

  1. Lmao @ snowflake glitter herpes! Have you tried KBShimmer Snow Much Fun? It's soo pretty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not! It was on the list but didn't make the cut. I got Snow Flaking Way instead, hehe. It's currently on the "untrieds" list begging to be used.

      Delete
  2. Very pretty! As far a removal, I recently started using the using Elmer's glue as a base coat when I intend to use glitter polish and it really does work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That's a great idea. I have some Elmer's glue but I need to clean out an empty first. I have been using Yellow Stopper as a peel off but wanted an extra day than it has been giving me. Good to know though!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful mani!! I don't remove glitter with polish remover anymore, I use a peek off base coat because it's so much easier that way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I should start using the peel off base coat more often. I'd just hate to be out and lose one unexpectedly! O.O

      Delete
  4. ROFL snowflake glitter herpes!! Super pretty mani though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the snow way.. its such an awesome shade...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised at the holo microshimmer! It really was like freshly fallen snow!

      Delete
  6. This so wintery..but sad about thsee glitter polishes removal. It's cumbersome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping removal wasn't as bad because it's a crelly (I can't explain how my mind works sometimes, lol), but I'll probably just use a peel off base from now on with it.

      Delete
  7. Its lovely polish. Removing any types of glitter polishes is always time consuming and can harm nail bed. I use DIY peel off base made with craft glue. It works for me to remove glitter polish easily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion! How long do you get out of a mani after using that kind of base?

      Delete
  8. I have this polish sitting on my desk waiting to be used for weeks now haha. The stamping looks really good, especially the pinky with the double.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is such a great polish for non-nail art too. I feel it really stands alone without nail art!

      Delete
  9. LMAO @ snowflake glitter herpes. I love this polish. I need to bust mine out soon! I have yet to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so easy to use. I'm thrilled with the formula and the fact that I didn't have to go glitter-fishing!

      Delete
  10. I love your color choices!! I super partial to OPI's Glitter Off. I kick myself anytime I glitter without it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was feeling wintry, even if Mother Nature wasn't! ;-) How long do you get out of OPI's Glitter Off when wearing a mani? I know you change manis often, so I may need to stick to non-glitters if I don't have time to paint more often.

      Delete
  11. Snow way is such a pretty crelly. Love these snowflakes. I get impatient with foils too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They just disrupt my life! Lol, darn foils, getting in the way of IG and blog browsing.... ;-) Thanks!

      Delete
  12. I especially love your middle two nails

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have been loving these nail vinyls from Glam My Mani. They are super easy to work with and are great for quick nail art.

      Delete
  13. I loved the index nail combo the most. You can use a glue base for easy removal of glitters,:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love stamping with Essie's metallics. And thank you for the suggestion! =)

      Delete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik