Thursday, January 22, 2015

ILNP Mutagen and Flakies Stamped Mani

I'm in love with this mani!  So much that I've had it on for five days!!  I'll be sad to see it go.

Dual-purpose mani, trying out my new ILNP polish (Mutagen) and new MoYou London plate and stamper, and painting for a football playoff games challenge.  More pics and info after the jump!





So, I joined a challenge on a board I belong to on Babycenter (which is an online community for parents).  It started at the beginning of the NFL playoffs and will go until the big game.  Since my beloved Phila. Eagles were not in the playoffs this year (**sob**) I picked the Seattle Seahawks to win their first playoff game.  If they lost, I would have had to paint the colors of the team they lost to.  Since they won, I kept painting Seahawks colors until they lose (or win the Superbowl, whichever comes first).

Before I get to this mani, I just want to note how happy I am with my nails since I've been using OPI Nail Envy as a basecoat.  Look at my nekkid nails!  I rarely have them naked for long since I don't want to break them, but I think they look pretty good (yes, I know I can't file in a straight line, deal with it.  lol).


My naked nails!

For this mani, I pulled out ILNP Mutagen (untried) which is a multichrome polish.  It's bright green with flashes of silver, blue, and purple.  I paired it with ILNP Atlantis, a blue multichrome flakies polish, and Supernova, a green multichrome flakies polish.

L-R: OPI Nail Envy, ILNP Mutagen, ILNP Atlantis, ILNP Supernova, Sinful Colors Black On Black,
KBShimmer Clearly On Top, MoYou London rectangular stamper, MoYou London Explorer plate 22

Since I just got my hands on the MoYou London Explorer plate 22 and new rectangular marshmallow stamper, I just had to use them for this mani.

moyou-london-stamping-tools
MoYou London Explorer collection plate 22 and rectangular stamper and scraper

This is one coat of ILNP Mutagen.  It's a bit thin, but builds up nicely.  I used a thin coat, then a second thicker coat and it was perfect.

One Coat ILNP Mutagen over OPI Nail Envy

Two coats, no topcoat of this stunning bright green shifter.

ilnp-mutagen-swatch
ILNP Mutagen, two coats no topcoat, direct artificial light

ilnp-mutagen-swatch
ILNP Mutagen color shift, indirect artificial light

ilnp-mutagen-swatch
ILNP Mutagen

I used my flash to see if I could capture the blue of this polish, but interestingly got silver/purple instead.  You can see a natural light pic at the end of this post.

ILNP Mutagen with flash, holy silver/purple shift!

I did a drybrush gradient of Atlantis and Supernova.  Basically I just brushed off as much extra polish as I could from the brush, and then dabbed it and dragged it on my pinky and index fingers.  I repeated this step twice to build up the difference between the two colors..  They blend nicely together, which is more apparent in real life than in these pics.

ILNP Mutagen and ILNP Atlantis/Supernova gradient

I topped everything with KBShimmer Clearly On Top quick dry topcoat (I'm on my second bottle, this stuff is fantastic!!).  Then I used Sinful Colors Black On Black to stamp images from the MoYou London Explorer 22 plate.


moyou-london-stamping
ILNP Mutagen stamped with Sinful Colors Black On Black


And a daylight shot of this mani for you.  Unfortunately, since I do my nails at night, I don't get many daylight shots.

ILNP Mutagen (with Atlantis/Supernova gradient) in natural shade light

Are you a football fan?  Who do you root for?  Who do you think will win the Superbowl this year?

34 comments:

  1. I am not a football fan, or a sports fan for that matter. My husband is a huge Alabama football fan so I'm forced to watch those ever so often. As for ILNP, do they ever make a bad polish?! I don't think so. Gorgeous mani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, if they do I haven't come across it yet! ;-) And I hope I never do! Thank you so much!

      Delete
  2. Drat you beat me again! I also nominated you for a Leibster Award!
    http://pinkiesforapenny.blogspot.com/2015/01/an-extra-post-leibster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I've been such a fan of ILNP polishes lately! Everything they produce is killer with the best quality! Gorgeous stamping flakie combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I recently started growing my indie stash and ILNP has been a big addition for sure! They have some really awesome polishes!

      Delete
  4. Not a big sports fan, but I love the stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great color choices here, and excellent stamping. I just got some of the ultrachrome flakies, can't wait to play!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your kind words! Get playing, girl!!! :-p

      Delete
  6. I cannot believe that color shift!! Crazy town!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ILNP has some amazing shifters in their collections. They never cease to amaze me!

      Delete
  7. This is one of my favorite manis you have done! It is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous! I actually have a Pretty & Polished green duochrome that has a similar color shift and it looks greyish purple when you take a picture of it using flash. Wonder if they used the same pigment. I also really want that MoYou plate, and the ILNP flakies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to be of enabling service! ;-) Thank you, Nadia!

      Delete
  9. Very pretty! I root for the Browns, although they aren't that good, haha. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And lol, ya know, they'll have their year, right? ;-)

      Delete
  10. This looks psychedelic lol I love it! The color shift is mesmerizing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roselynn! I just can't stop staring at my nails in the light when I wear these polishes!

      Delete
  11. Awesome mani. I understand why u can't remove it

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! I love the flakie stamping combo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are a rugby country and I support our national team. I'm not so into the provincial rugby which would probably equate to your interstate football. Great mani!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous polishes. I love ILNP. Liked how you teamed up with Moyou stamping design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really just couldn't wait to use it, I've been staring at the Explorer images on so many other people's nails that I was definitely chomping at the bit! =)

      Delete
  15. wow love the green color... great idea of combining it with flakie polish :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Swoon! ILNP is at the top of my "brands to try" list. This is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy!! I still have a few ILNP untrieds that I can't wait to put on my nails. That should be happening soon!

      Delete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik