Sunday, January 18, 2015

Morgan Taylor Best Dressed stamped mani

This was a mani using an untried polish that I got from a Secret Santa swap.  My Secret Santa was so awesome and picked out great polishes for me!  This is Morgan Taylor Best Dressed, a cherry red metallic polish that was pretty opaque in one coat.  More pics and info after the jump!

classy-nail-art
Morgan Taylor Best Dressed stamped mani


I have a few things to say about this polish.  I love red.  I'm not a huge fan of colored metallics.  But this polish definitely grew on me.  I kept expecting to see other shades in this, since I've been wearing multi chromes and holos so much lately, but I kept finding a classy mani!  Lol


L-R: OPI Nail Envy, Morgan Taylor Best Dressed, Wet&Wild Black Creme, Essie No Place Like Chrome, KBShimmer Clearly On Top

So I started with a base of OPI Nail Envy, and one coat of Best Dressed.  It was a pretty good formula, but the brush felt huge!  It is flatter and a bit wider than I have been using and it took a little time before I wasn't painting all over my cuticles along with my nails.

Morgan Taylor Best Dressed - one coat, no topcoat
Since I have big nails, it wasn't too big a deal (other than my pinky) to keep the polish from my surrounding skin, but thank goodness for a good cleanup brush (I use the Sonia Kashuk #105 brush).

Morgan Taylor Best Dressed - one coat, no topcoat

Brush shot of Morgan Taylor Best Dressed

After my first coat I was a bit more careful with application of the second.  Then I topped it with KBShimmer Clearly On Top quick dry topcoat.  The shine in this polish was astounding!

morgan-taylor-best-dressed-swatch
Morgan Taylor Best Dressed - two coats with topcoat

morgan-taylor-best-dressed-swatch
Best Dressed in artificial light

morgan-taylor-best-dressed-swatch
Morgan Taylor Best Dressed - two coats with topcoat

Such a rich, beautiful red!  I thought maybe I would matte this mani, so I tested on my thumb and decided against it.  It is pretty, but not what I wanted.

Morgan Taylor Best Dressed with matte topcoat

Next up, time for stamping!  This was my first time using plate #12 from the Cici&Sisi jumbo set 2.  Let me tell you how much trouble I had with it!  I was shocked!!  There were several images I couldn't get to pick up completely, and it wasn't my stamper or polish that was the problem.

Cici&Sisi plate 12 from jumbo set 2

So this was my second choice in stamping image, but I was okay with that.  I think it turned out nicely.  I think I'll still contact Cici&Sisi about this plate since I have had no trouble at all when using the rest of their plates in the first two jumbo sets.

I did some double stamping on my ring finger with Essie No Place Like Chrome and Wet&Wild Black Creme.  The rest of my nails are stamped with W&W Black Creme.  Topped it with KBShimmer Clearly on Top and that's all she wrote!

stamped-nail-art
Morgan Taylor Best Dressed with nail stamping

Have you had any trouble with your Cici&Sisi stamping plates?  Did you contact them about it? What was your experience?


26 comments:

  1. I've never used this brand of plate! Best dressed is pretty though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have two of their sets, Jumbo 1 and Jumbo 2, each comprised of six plates. Honestly, every image I've used so far in jumbo set 1 has been amazing. I'm impressed. Jumbo set 2, not so much, although I love the images very much. If you are into stamping and want some good plates for a decent price, I'd tell you to check their jumbo set 1 plates out. I hear good things about their third and fourth jumbo sets, but I don't own any yet.

      Delete
    2. I have so many unused plates right now, stamping is so frustrating for me

      Delete
    3. What's frustrating you? What plates are you using?

      Delete
  2. I've never used Cici&SiSi, but I love this look. Love layered stamping! I need to do more of that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Traci! I usually have nothing but good things to say about Cici&Sisi's plates, as they are etched so nicely and their stampers are pretty good too. The bad plate just shocked me a bit. I need to do more layered stamping too, I see so many instances where it looks beautiful!

      Delete
  3. Love the double stamping on this, and the matte over that polish is stunning. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was surprised at how pretty the matted version was! =)

      Delete
  4. This looks gorgeous! loved the red you have used here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Morgan Taylor is to die for! I have Cici&Sisi on my list of plates to get. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I urge you to get them! They really make stamping (usually!) easy in my opinion.

      Delete
  6. The Morgan Taylor is just stunning both shiny and matte!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely mani- that red is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not always a fan of metallic polishes, but Best Dressed is a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Morgan Taylor polishes. They are hard to find in NYC though. Your double stamping is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not really a red polish person but Best Dressed is stunning! I'm sorry to hear you trouble with the Cici and Sisi plate! I was considering picking up some of the individual plates but will probably hold off now especially since they redid some of the original designs. The end result is gorgeous nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sumeet! I noticed that Cici&Sisi posted that they were updating their plates, glad I held off on the third and fourth set. The rest of my plates have been wonderful and make stamping easy, I was truly shocked that these images wouldn't pick up. I think it was just a bad etch.

      Delete
  11. I'm looking into getting a set of Sisi and Cici... Which are your favorites?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the jumbo set 1. Came with 6 plates, a stamper and scraper (which promptly got tossed because metal). Their stampers are little but work great. I bought mine from Amazon, but now they have them on their own website for the same price. My most used plate is 04.

      Delete
  12. I've never been into getting Morgan Taylor polishes for some reason, but this one looks exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my first MT polish and I think I'll add more to my collection based on the formula and pigment in this one. I have not seen them for sale myself, this one was a gift, but if I do I'll be buying more!

      Delete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik