Friday, January 2, 2015

Happy New Year!! (mani)


Happy New Year, nail polish lovers!!

So my New Year's resolution is to post to all social media at one time after I do my manis.  That way I won't be 5 manis behind with no blog posts about them!

So here is my NYE mani that I rocked while holding my son over the toilet at midnight (he's only two, and not the one I imagined would be praising the porcelain gods!  mixture of too much food and damn congestion from a bad cold...).  More pics and info after the jump!  Click the Read More link down below.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!




So I just want to say that Zoya Willa just hit the top of my list of favorite black creme polishes.  Just wanted to throw that out there. I must get a backup.

zoya-willa-swatch
Zoya Willa, one coat no top coat

This is ONE COAT of Willa over a base of OPI Nail envy.  It was very easy to apply, didn't stain my cuticles, and it wears very well.  Three days later and I barely even have tip wear (I did it on Monday night)!  
zoya-willa-swatch
Zoya Willa, the One Coat Wonder!

L-R: OPI Nail Envy basecoat, Zoya Willa, Zoya Imogen, Zoya Cosmo, Essie Jiggle Hi Jiggle Low,
Urban Outfitters Gold Dust Woman, KBShimmer Clearly on Top topcoat

I wanted to do a glitter gradient since I got my hands on Zoya Cosmo during the Pixie Dust BOGO sale.  This was the perfect opportunity!

zoya-cosmo
Zoya Willa with a gradient of Zoya Imogen and Zoya Cosmo

Over my ONE COAT of Zoya Willa, I used Zoya Imogen and did the dry brush technique to apply the first subtle part of my gradient.  Then I used Zoya Cosmo to really amp up the sparkle factor.  I used the same dry brush technique so there wouldn't be to much polish to dry.

zoya-cosmo
Zoya Willa with a gradient of Zoya Imogen and Zoya Cosmo

It looks like my nails are jewel-encrusted!!

cici-and-sisi
Cici&Sisi stamping plate 07 from the Jumbo 2 set
I stamped using Cici&Sisi plate 07 with Essie Jiggle Hi Jiggle Low.


I accidentally stamped my Cindy hand thumb upside down... But that's okay, I was wishing myself a Happy New Year!  :-p


Once I stamped my thumb, middle and ring fingers, I used Urban Outfitters Gold Dust Woman for some glitter placement.  This polish is perfect for glitter placement!  They are larger gold hex glitters in a clear base, so they were pretty easy to pick out.


I topped it all off with two coats of KBShimmer Clearly On Top quick dry topcoat just to get some extra sparkle to shine through.  

Happy New Year!  (or, ya know, "appy" if you're my thumb.)


Blurry shot to show the SPARKLES!!
I also added some dabs of Zoya Imogen to the bottom (top?) of my middle and ring fingers.  I wanted to shine bright like a diamond!  ;-)


Look at the rainbow colors in that holo glitter!




How did you spend your New Years Eve?  Hopefully better than mine! (and my poor baby... although of course in true toddler fashion he was wide awake at 7am and ready to party!)

2 comments:

  1. LOL one thumb is wishing us a happy new year and the other is wishing yourself a happy new year! You're too much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha that was completely unintentional. But true! ;-)

      Delete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik