Monday, January 19, 2015

KBShimmer Deja Brew and In Bare Form Mani

So, I stepped away from my multichromes for a hot minute, but still went right for my indie drawer... (btw, collection pics coming soon!!)  I came away with some beautiful holos from KBShimmer, this time Deja Brew and In Bare Form.  More pics and info after the jump!

KBShimmer mani


If you are not already familiar with KBShimmer, you should check them out!  Christy's polishes are top notch and I haven't met a bad one yet.  The formulas are great, not too thick and not too thin, they are self-leveling, they don't stain, and are very easy to clean up.

So for this mani, I used Deja Brew and In Bare Form, along with my Glam My Mani nail vinyls and MoYou London Pro XL stamping plate.  Essie Penny Talk was my stamping polish of choice as I thought the copper would complement the nude polishes nicely.

L-R: OPI Nail Envy, KBShimmer In Bare Form, KBShimmer Deja Brew,
Essie Penny Talk, KBShimmer Clearly On Top

Deja Brew is brown in color but in natural light it has a beautiful reddish undertone.  And the linear holo is perfection.  I used two easy coats for my base below.  Oh, and I always start with one coat of OPI Nail Envy, which I think has done wonders for my nail health.

kbshimmer-deja-brew-swatch
KBShimmer Deja Brew, two coats with topcoat (sorry for the dark pic!)

In Bare Form is a delicate beige nude polish with a linear holo effect.  Again, this polish was perfection.  I used just two coats in the pic below.

kbshimmer-in-bare-form-swatch
KBShimmer In Bare Form, two coats with topcoat

KBShimmer Deja Brew and In Bare Form

with flash to show the flame

It feels like forever since I've used my MoYou London plates!  In preparation for my incoming MoYou London order (....I've been a bad, bad girl... well, not too bad), I pulled my MoYou London plates out and picked one from the Pro XL collection.  I love all of these images but couldn't quite decide what I wanted.  I actually started with a different image on this plate, but decided I needed something a bit more delicate for this mani.

MoYou London Pro XL stamping plate 06

This stamp was perfect.  It allowed Deja Brew to show through without overtaking it, and the holo that came through was so pretty.  Essie Penny Talk from their metallics collection is a fabulous stamping polish.  I used my XL squishy soft stamper from Born Pretty Store, which works so well with my MoYou London plates.

Stamping done with Essie Penny Talk

I then applied my Glam My Mani chevron nail vinyls to my pinky and index fingers and used one coat Deja Brew over it.  I pulled the vinyls off when the polish was still wet and applied topcoat when the polish had set so I didn't smear it.  I also topcoated the rest of my nails and left my thumb with just Deja Brew on it.

Mani in artificial light


So, while I continue to make some changes to my blog format, let me ask you about personal preference.  Do you prefer to see a lot of pics, or less pics in a post?  Do I post too many pictures that you don't really need to see?  What do you take into consideration when selecting your best photos to post on your blog?  Thanks for the feedback!

30 comments:

  1. I love this combination of polishes! Very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these polishes, but Deja Brew just moved to the top of my 'Must Have' list!!! I have a thing for brown polishes anyway and that shade combined with the holographic, OMG! Beautiful stamping too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I don't have many browns in my collection, so this was definitely a great buy for me!

      Delete
  3. I love this so much. I need to pull out déjà brew and use it. You've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. KB Shimmers never disappoint! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love coffee colored Browns! Gorgeous mani!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great combination of colors and patterns! Deja Brew is shooting straight up to the top of my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely mani. Stamping is perfect n I like how you combined chevron n other pattern

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely mani. Love the chevron and stamping combo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this mani! I like lots of pictures of nail art, but less swatch pics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And good to know, thank you for the feedback! =)

      Delete
  10. D choice of both polishes n plate is so good. They compliment each other totally. The nai art looks d O pretty as a result.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how the colors mesh so well with the chevrons. I'll have to try In Bare Form, I'm in love with light tone colors lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had it on my wishlist forever until I finally bit the bullet and ordered. Thank you!

      Delete
  12. Beautiful! I love in bare form, it's great polish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Replies
    1. Me too! I've recently had my eye on her new one, Men Are From Mars-ala. It's so pretty!

      Delete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik