Sunday, October 26, 2014

Bats/Full Moon Mani - BHB Spooktober Challenge: Day 20

Meh, I thought my last post was going to be pic heavy.  Brace yourselves, spam is coming.



...Nope.  Not that kind of spam.  ;-)

Full Moon and Bats mani for BHBSpooktober



This kind: PICS SPAM!!


L-R: OPI Nail Envy, Zoya Dahlia, Zoya Dovima, (back) China Glaze Ghoulish Glow, Zoya Dove, OPI My Vampire is Buff, Essie Blanc, Seche Vite topcoat

So for the base of this mani I used Zoya Dahlia and Zoya Dovima.  Both very beautiful colors, especially for a night sky!

Zoya Dovima (middle two fingers) and Zoya Dahlia

These are two coats of each with no topcoat.  Both dry matte, Dovima with beautiful itsy bitsy little microshimmer, and Dahlia with a sandy texture with lots of silver sparkle.  Application of both was very easy since the formula is so good, but my brush on Dahlia is a bit wonky and splayed (similar to my Bonita polish).  I don't know what causes this and I don't know how to fix it, but I don't usually have that problem with my Zoya brushes.

Zoya Dovima (middle two fingers) and Zoya Dahlia in artificial light

Next up was topcoat.  I went back to good ol' Seche Vite.  Here I've topcoated all with a coat of Seche.





Seche really brings out the beautiful shimmer in Zoya Dovima, as you can see below.  It really adds depth to the polish.

closeup of Zoya Dovima (topcoated) microshimmer

And just some more spam of pretty nails, same same, just different positions, lol.





So for my full moon I decided to span two nails.  I first used OPI My Vampire is buff, then went over some of it with Essie Blanc.

I used the regular polish brush to paint the moon

I created the hazy clouds with a makeup sponge with some pieces ripped off (was previously used for a gradient, so none went to waste) and dabbed Zoya Dove on it, then sponged a bit on my nails over the moon.

Zoya Dove on makeup sponge for hazy clouds




After I did the hazy clouds, I used Sinful Colors Black on Black and a striping brush and painted some bats.  Yes, they are bats.  I can't free-hand well, and small scale just isn't my forte, haha.





Oh, I forgot, before I added the bats I put some China Glaze GITD polish on the white part of my moons.  Then topped it all with Seche Vite.


I tried to get the polish to glow under my blacklight, but it just wasn't cooperating.

Mani under black light

Still looks kind of neat and spooky if you ask me.

You can see the faint glow of the moon

And a snap shot of the glow when I turned the blacklight off.  Not the best, but they look like ghosts!  I will have to try something new the next time I use the GITD polish... I hear that LED/UV lights charge them up quickly.  I'll have to whip out my LED curing light!


The next day I decided I wanted to matte my middle two fingers.  I really like the matte effect on some manis.  By the way, before I matted them, when I was driving the sun caught the shimmer in Zoya Dovima and O.  M.  G.  The holo microshimmer was stunning!!  I wish I could have gotten a pic, but driving.  So no pic.

Middle two fingers have Sally Hansen Big Matte topcoat

But for my matte, I used one coat of Sally Hansen Big Matte Top Coat.  It's a pretty decent matte topcoat in my opinion.  And it wears pretty well too.  I had this mani on without chips for four days... that's a record for me!


Halloween is right around the corner... what's your favorite thing about this fun holiday?



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik