Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Sinful Shine Prosecco Swatch and First Fall Mani of 2014

I first heard about the pretty, neutral polish that is Sinful Shine Prosecco.  It is a nice light taupe with gold microshimmer but can be seen as greige in some lights.  I have no Walgreen's close by me, so I actually had a nail friend that picked this up and shipped it to me.  Shout out to Heidi! (@crooked_mani on IG)
More info and pics after the jump!

sinful-shine-prosecco-swatch
Sinful Shine Prosecco


The Sinful Shine line is a bit harder to come across since it was only carried by Walgreens until recently.  Now I believe I've heard Walmart carries it as well, but I can't attest to that since I rarely shop at Walmart.


I had to wear it as soon as it showed up on my doorstep, so it became the mani of the night!  This is three coats (it's a bit sheer in the first two coats) over OPI Nail Envy and topped with HK Girl Glisten & Glow topcoat.

sinful-shine-prosecco-swatch
Sinful Shine Prosecco in various lighting

sinful-shine-prosecco-swatch
Sinful Shine Prosecco swatch

I picked out a couple of reds for a nice fall look (even though it still felt like summer here in PA!).  I used Zoya India for my ring and pinky fingers, and China Glaze Santa Red My List (shit, it could have been Just Be Claws... damn I forget) and Essie Penny Talk for multi-colored stamping on my index and middle fingers.



I used my Bundle Monster plates with my BPS XL Squishy stamper to stamp the quatrefoil design and leaves.  I also broke up with my BM plates shortly after this.  Aye yay yay...  I was so over it by this point.  


They are called my BM plates for a reason: they stamp like shit.  They are not etched deep enough so I kept either scraping all of the polish out of the image, or I ended up with streaks because I didn't scrape hard enough.


Oh yeah, I also broke up with my HK Girl G&G topcoat.  It was a rough night for me!  I still have about a quarter of the bottle left and it was so goopy it was almost solid.  Adding thinner did nothing.



But... I trudged through and finished this mani with full intentions to pull the trigger on some new Cici&Sisi plates in the morning.  And I did!  I got the first set, which you can purchase on Amazon here.  Let me tell you, it is so worth the $30!!  You'll see in my manis to come.  =)

What is your favorite brand of stamping plates?




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik