Tuesday, October 7, 2014

BHB Spooktober Mani Challenge: Day 3 - Leaves/Trees

Yay for October Mani Challenges!!  And one that is created by fellow nail friends, how exciting!

Get ready for #BHBSpooktober Mani Goodness!!  Got an IG?  Hop on the BHB Challenge Wagon and post your manis!  Don't forget to hashtag #bhbSpooktober so we can see them!
More info and pics after the jump.

IG Nail Challenge: BHB Spooktober



So I was extremely excited to use my new CICI&SISI stamping plates for the BHB Spooktober challenge.  I knew I wanted to do a gradient (I really suck at gradients, I really need to practice more) and stamp over top.  I decided to only gradient two of my nails on each hand to cut down on time spent doing my mani.

OPI Nail Envy, OPI My Vampire is Buff, Color Club Beyond,
Bonita Cocktails and Carving, Essie Penny Talk, OPI Midnight in Moscow, NYC GCS

I started out with two coats of OPI My Vampire is Buff over a coat of OPI Nail Envy.  I used a damp makeup sponge to achieve the gradient look.  I used Bonita Cocktails and Carving (from their 2014 Halloween collection, purchased at Rite Aid) and Color Club Beyond for the gradient.


Like I said, I suck at gradients.  :-p  BUT it made a good base for my multi-colored stamping with my new CICI&SISI plates!


I used Essie Penny Talk (surprise surprise....) and OPI Midnight in Moscow, which was shockingly NOT red when I stamped with it, lol.  It looks very brown.  



Anyway, I multi-color stamped my middle and ring fingers, and then used a single leaf image to stamp in Essie Penny Talk, Color Club Beyond, OPI Midnight in Moscow, and Bonita Cocktails and Carving.


Since I broke up with my HK Girl G&G topcoat, I picked up NYC Grand Central Station at the suggestion of several nail friends.


I don't like it.


It's not as thick as Seche Vite or HK Girl G&G, and it doesn't dry as quickly.  AND it smeared my gradient.  Yes, I'm whining.  Deal with it.  =)


My polish also cracked on my thumbnail after two days of wearing this mani, so I'm especially not thrilled with NYC Grand Central Station.  I'll give it one more chance and then I'll move on to another quick dry topcoat if it doesn't deliver.

So... whooooooo's ready for Halloween?!?



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik